Monday, November 17, 2008

Power of Plaid

Plaid Jacket: CAbi

White Button Down: J Crew

Black Vest: The Limited

Black Pencil Skirt: CAbi

Black Tights: Merona

Black Pumps: Type A

Continuing the jacket show, today features one of my newest additions to the closet- my double breasted plaid blazer. I should have taken 2 photos because I wore it buttoned about half the day and open the other half.

I've always been a fan of plaid. I owned numerous plaid pleated skirts as a child and have never tired of the pattern. For me it's like argyle--it will always be preppy, classic and winter chic. However, I love it when my personal tastes become "fashionable"! It's kinda like pointy toe stilettos--I'm going to wear them regardless but it's nice when someone recognizes you as "cutting-edge" and "trendy" even if you've been wearing it all along. According to an article in the Courier-Journal last weekend, plaid is officially a trend of the season!

What is something that you'll always like and wear- regardless of whether it's "in" or not?

(And just a random side note, I put on red tights this morning and they looked a-dor-a-ble with the black skirt, white shirt and vest. Then I put on the plaid jacket and while it all was technically "matching", it just did not look right and work. Hate it when that happens. However, I did find a new outfit for the plaid tights that was fabu that I wore for a short bit earlier in the week but didn't take a picture for some unknown reason--the top half of my "punk and prep" outfit paired with a denim pencil skirt and tall black boots....I'll wear again soon and take a picture--my faith in plaid tights was totally restored!)

1 comments:

Katie Keisler said...

You look so snazzy! :-) It's just enough plaid without being too much!

Katie