Monday, November 10, 2008

My mood enhancing drug of choice -- Leslie

Black Button Down: NY and Company

Tweed Pencil Skirt: CAbi

Giraffe Print Pumps: Nine West

Swirl Print Scarf: Mossimo

This may very well be the final bare-legged photo for the next 5 months or so. The cold is moving in...and I think it may be for good this time. I've been trying to wear a few cute outfits with bare legs--just because I "can" for a few more days!

Good news though....my red tights arrived in the mail yesterday so cold weather fun-ness awaits :-)

By the way, I feel that everyone should own animal print pumps. Trust me when I say you totally feel better when you're feeling a bit draggy during the work day and you look down and see giraffe print. Seriously, who wouldn't feel better at that sight?

Whoever said that clothes don't set your mood was seriously mistaken. If I'm feeling kinda blah in the morning and just throw on khakis, a sweater and loafers, I feel blah all day long and never really snap out of it. If I know I'm going to have a long or tough day, I make a point to try to wear something that is powerful, chic, brings back a positive memory (like a piece of jewelry or accessory) and/or that makes me smile. Fashion is like my mood enhancing drug of choice. :-)

3 comments:

Jules said...

I am desperate to get my hands on a pair of giraffe print shoes. I've seen some by Nine West and Steve Madden that fir the bill but unfortunately nowhere that ships to the UK :- (

Katie Keisler said...

I agree completely! If I had a meeting I have to make a presentation for, I find the most "powerful" high heels I can find! Couple that with a flattering business suit and I'm in business!

I like your blog! I have a similar blog!

Katie

jenifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.