Thursday, November 20, 2008

If at first it doesn't work, try, try again

Black Wool Blazer: Banana Republic

Black Turtleneck: The Limited

Red Patent Belt: The Limited

Chino Skirt: J Crew

Plaid Tights: The Limited

Pumps: Type A

Last time I wore these tights, it was not such a good thing. But as we are all told growing up, "if at first you don't succeed, try, try again." And I did.

I wore these a couple weeks ago with a denim pencil skirt and liked the look so just changed skirts to my tan one this week so I could wear to work. As they were the last time, people either raved over them or pretty much hated them. They are unusual enough that they garner a strong reaction both ways. I just like them because I think they are fun and add an unexpected punch to the outfit.

However, I will say that they are a pain keeping the lines straight all day!


Add Image

5 comments:

Kasmira said...

I think they're super cute! I'm keeping an eye out for a pair myself.

V said...

This looks so fab! Props to you for trying this out!

Katie Keisler said...

I like this look! The tights look great! Very professional outfit! :-)

Anonymous said...

Super cute, Leslie. The plaid tights are perfect with this look.

Hillary said...

I am so lovin tights right now. I just bought some argyle tights that I might try out tomorrow. May check into these plaid ones. I think they look great with the outfit!