Thursday, November 13, 2008

It's all about the coat

Red Leather Jacket with Houndstooth Trim: Speigel

Black Turtleneck: Apt 9/Kohl's

Tweed Pants: Limited

Pearls: Graduation Gift

Pearl Headband: Forever 21

Black Pumps: BCBGirls

I've mentioned before that I have an obsession with winter coats. It's so bad that, at the age of 27, I feel like I have to smuggle my new ones into my own place because my mother lectures me because I buy so many! However, when you have a job where you walk a lot downtown, sometimes the coat is the most important part of an outfit. Today's coat is my absolute favorite.

I went for ladylike and simple with my outfit--the black turtleneck has ruching at the shoulders and neckline and my pearls added to the simple, girly look. However, the coat takes it from simple and ladylike to flashy I think. I saw this coat in the Spiegel catalog a couple years ago and immediately handed it over to Santa. I must have been good that year. :-)

I don't typically take photos in my outerwear but I'm going to make a point to in the next few weeks with all of the various ones so you can see the collection. The great thing about coats is they last forever so you can build a collection without forking out a lot at once. And would you believe, as many coats as I own, that I don't own a basic black or khaki trench coat? That's one of Tim Gunn's 10 essentials! I put that on the Santa this for this year!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That coat is adorable! I totally support your outerwear habit because there is nothing worse then seeing a chic that could be cute except for the fact that her winter coat majorly clashes with her outfit!
I bought a khaki trench last spring and have loved having it!

Katie Keisler said...

I love the coat! It looks kind of like Jen's

http://lalalaclothes.blogspot.com/2008/11/more-coat-pictures.html

but yours is a little shorter! Great color!

E said...

I'm on board with having a ton of coats, too! I love the trim on your jacket, though--it makes it so much cooler!