Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Leslie's Election Day Ensemble

Red Pantsuit: Express

White Shirt: The Limited

Leopard Belt: Nine West

Brown Patent Pumps: Chinese Laundry

As instructed by Ally, I showed my support on election day with my favorite red ensemble--my ultra fabulous, leopard print lined, red, power pantsuit--with my true RED lipstick!! Hopefully it'll bring some luck for the red team (as I write this returns are just starting to come in! I always love election night just for the sheer excitement it brings!)

As Ally mentioned, our county doesn't give out "I Voted" stickers. When I started voting in that county 2 years ago, I was quite unhappy when I asked for my sticker when I finished voting and they said they didn't give them out. Evidently, I'm not the only one noticing either. The local paper did a story today on the fact that we don't have stickers. Evidently, some idiots in the past were sticking them on the voting property and such when they left and ruined it for everyone. I wish they would just have them for the good people like me that specifically ask.

My family knows my distress at the fact that I receive no sticker so my grandmother who votes in the next county over got an extra sticker and gave it to me to wear today! Yea, thanks Gran! Below, I am in the office at work gleefully pointing out my oh so fashionable "I Voted" sticker.

Yes, I am a nerd.

Enjoy tonight everyone! Regardless of who wins or loses, it's been an exciting race to watch. And we're going to have a highly fashionable First Lady either way!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like I said earlier today - that suit is FIERCE! Also, how sweet of your Gran!

Toni said...

I'm too distressed to really look at your suit.

Oh, never mind...I've seen it...Santa bought it:-)

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain. I voted absentee weeks ago ... no sticker for me either. Hrumph.

Al said...

I dunno, Leslie.. This suit gives me a case of the "blues".. Or maybe it's Saturday Night Fever?.. :)