Friday, November 14, 2008

TGIF - Ally

Waaaahhhhhooooooooooooooo! I am SO glad the weekend's here, y'all. This has been just a horrible week and the weekend is very welcome!

Dress: thrifted

Wrap sweater: Target

Tights: Target

Belt: NY&Co.

Shoes: Steven (not the exact shoe, but almost)

Necklace: Walmart







I fiddled with this sweater all day and while very warm and comfortable, it's a pain in the ass. If I tie it in the back, I couldn't sit comfortably at my desk. If I tied it in the front, it looked silly. If I didn't do anything, it hung past my knees. Whatever. I wore it every way and while I never really got it right, it was comfortable and that's all I needed!



I'm really glad I wore this belt today. The dress alone isn't that flattering and the belt really gave it shape and looked nice when I had the sweater open.



Back in the summer Al and I hit up our local Salvation Army and got some major deals. This dress caught my eye right away. I should have taken a picture of it without the sweater, but to be perfectly honest, it's less than flattering as it is. Its shape is very dated and not in that fun vintage way. It doesn't help that it needs to be about 1.5-2 inches shorter either.

The print is great and it's super comfortable. What makes it sweeter, is it was a whopping $2!

11 comments:

Katie Keisler said...

OMG I LOVE the belt! It really brings in the waist of that dress! I need to add more belts to my wardrobe!

Maybe next week I'll blog outfits with belts!

Katie

Anonymous said...

I ♥ belts and how they can drastically change the shape of an outfit. Maybe that is why I wear one 60% of the time (that is an actual statistic too!). This dress is great for $2. As for the sweater - I have a couple that style and I feel the same way about them - cute, but not sure how to wear them!

Leslie said...

I really like that belt. I saw it another time and decided I wanted one in a color besides black (I already have a wide black one) but by the time I got there it was already sold out. Looks good!

V said...

I'm with you and Kimberly. I have a sweater like that, but how the f am I supposed to wear it? I just tie it like you did in your pic...I feel weird, but I actually get compliments on it. I wanted another one too, but stopped b/c I can't even figure out how to wear the one I have!

Jules said...

I like the way the sweater looks tied in the front actually. I love these drapey knits but cant find one that i'm happy with on me

Sara said...

I love the pink with the black and white print. Super fun! I need to get braver about mixing prints with bright colors.

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way about wrap sweaters ... just can't get them into a configuration that's both cute and comfy. But I agree, the pink with the b&w print looks smashing!

Hillary said...

The belt is awesome! I tried one of thoe wrap sweaters too and I took it back. I felt weird in it too.

Tara Wasson said...

I like the sweater as you are wearing it. Bummer that it was a pain.

E said...

Ooo! That IS a fun dress! And I love it with that bright pink. Deeeelicious!

Audi said...

Try tying the tails together in the front, and then throwing it over your head so that the knot is at the back of your neck and you have soft drapey wings in the front. Or you can let it hang down and put a belt over the top of the sweater -- an obi belt would look great. Keep trying -- the sweater looks adorable on you!