Tuesday, November 11, 2008

All about the pearls

Purple pintucked turtleneck: Apt 9/Kohl's

Bronze jacket and charcoal pants: CAbi

Chunky metal and pearl necklace: Limited

Pearl Headband: Forever 21

Platform Pumps: Type A

I saw this necklace on clearance at the Limited last weekend and decided it was a must-have. I love the gold chunky strands with the big pearls as well--it is ladylike but has a bit of edge all at once. I took a picture with and without the jacket because I literally kept taking it off and on all day long--one room was hot and the next was cold so I figured it was only fair to see it both ways!

I walked into the hospital this afternoon for a meeting and had a lady I work with stop and say she loved my jacket (it looks so much better in person than it photographs) and the chunky necklace....and that I look like I could be walking the streets of New York--in Kentucky! Don't you love a comment like that??? Totally makes you smile a little more and walk a little taller! I really think it was the necklace though that changed the look of the entire outfit and transformed it from a very basic ensemble to a more exciting one. A great clearance purchase, that's for sure!

9 comments:

Kelly said...

I am amazed at your ability to get almost exactly the same pose and facial expression in both of those pictures. It's like you're one of those paper dolls where you can clip on a coat or clip it off.

Hillary said...

Love the pretty pearls!

Leslie said...

Thanks Hillary...and Kelly, I thought the same thing when I was cropping the image! I couldn't believe it--it is kinda weird!

Ally said...

I think I need to see this coat in person b/c to be perfectly honest, I don't really care for it in photos...it just doesn't look flattering or very current.

Definitely need to see it in person. Otherwise, I loooove purple on you and that necklace is killer.

Leslie said...

I agree with you--I love the coat in person and have had several people comment on it....but I really just don't think it photographs well. You lose all the stitching details and the sheen the bronze has in photos. I'll stop by work wearing it one day so you can see and give it the seal of approval. It makes me sad that it doesnt look good in photos because it's one of my favorite items!

Ally said...

I know it can't be totally fug, but yeah, stop and see me one day b/c I need to sign off on it ;)

Anonymous said...

I love your necklace and especially love it with your pretty purple blouse.

Anonymous said...

How fun and validating to get a heartfelt compliment like that! And I totally agree that purple is one of your best colors.

Leslie said...

I'm liking the purple as well. When I saw the photo, my first thought was that the color worked well. And I have very, very little purple in my closet--may have to look for some more!