Saturday, June 6, 2009

Reflection of a Year -- Leslie

I can hardly believe it but it's been a year since we started this blog! It's been a fun foray into fashion. I've always been a fan of fashion and dressing well--but I tell you what, it's a whole other level when you are accountable to taking a picture of yourself most days! It's also been interesting to really see what my favorite stores and trends are--I know it deep down but when you have a tracker to see, well, that makes it more clear. I'm a CAbi and Limited addict who loves pointy toe heels, tall boots and pencil skirts! I've also been happily surprised in how taking pictures has really encouraged me to use more color in my wardrobe and not gravitate to black as much.



With those disclaimers, I've decided to rank my top 5 favorite outfirs and top 5 worst outfits for the past year. Give me your opinion-- do you agree? Or is there another outfit that didn't make the list that you think should have?

Favorites:

#5: This outfit combines some of my favorite items from the year--a wrap tee, pencil skirt, edgy leather and tall boots. I especially like the patterned tights which is why they made the list. I had never worn patterned or colored tights before and it was fun to experiement with them last winter.










#4: I can't not include the flapper dress, because it doesn't get much more fun than having an excuse to go around and twirl all day long. The dress has a very "cocktail" feel but I'm pleased that I found a way to make it everyday work appropriate as a jumper.










#3: Certain items become wardrobe favorites and this outfit has a few of them. I love my ruffle wrap shirt and the air of femininity it gives; white pants are always in fashion for the summer months; and my floral shoes were my favorite shoe purchase of 2008!










#2: This outfit is a favorite because of all the details-- the leopard lining, the patent belt and the ever predictable pencil skirt and peep toe pump. I also like it because it was perfect for a "corporate casual day"-- I felt professional and powerful--but ready for happy hour with my denim and highest heels on!











#1: And my all time favorite outfit for the past year is my Oaks Day ensemble. The reason I picked this is because I love the mixture of bright colors. If this blog has done any one thing, it's forced me to be more experimental with my warbrobe and mix and match with colors moreso than I would have ever done before.











Now with the good comes the bad, so below are my least favorite looks from the past year. What can I say--when you experiment you can't be expected to get every single day right!

Least Favorite Looks:

#5: Love the jacket. Don't love it belted.















#4: Again, love the pieces individually (the scarf, empire waist sweater and skinny pants) but when paired together, the proportions were all off.















#3: Tried the vest trend. It didn't work for me. My sister said I looked like an ice cream scooper here. Enough said.
















#2: This was my first day into attempting patterned/colored tights. It was immediately evident that patterned or colored tights need an above-the-knee skirt. Later in the season, I wore these with a short khaki skirt and black blazer--and loved it!













#1: And the #1 least favorite outfit of 2008-09 is the ever controversial rainbow of colors outfit. Some people loved, some hated. I stand by the fact that if I had worn plain brown pumps it could have potentially worked, however, the giraffe print pumps did the look in.
















And outfits aside, my favorite posts to write for the year were my Ryder Cup fashion analysis and my "Welcome Fall" posting.



So what do you think? Agree or disagree?



Thanks to all our readers for always challenging me and offering advice and insight!

4 comments:

Ally said...

I agree with the top/bottom 5 totally. The plaid coat was SO CUTE when I saw you in it w/out the belt, though. I think it's just so bulky that it's better unbelted.

Your Oaks Day outfit is the silhouette/proportions you should wear every day :)

KT said...

Leslie, I give you BIG PROPS for opening yourself up to the potential of nay-sayers to your outfits. That takes some serious guts! And I am sure we all have our "faves" but I am so surprised that you didn't have a single pencil skirt look as your faves. Whenever I see that look I am like "That is SUCH a Leslie look." It is always a hit on you! I'm sure it is hard to narrow down but I always love you in a tailored pencil skirt kind of look!

Leslie said...

OMG I didnt have any pencil skirts!! The denim skirt is technically a pencil cut but not the same as a work pencil skirt. Too funny--because I agree, KT they are definitely a trademark!

KT said...

November 18, 2008 was a good one.