Thursday, June 11, 2009

Ally - Steve Madden almond toes

Did y'all see us on Corporette.com? Pretty exciting stuff. If you're coming here from there, welcome!

As you may know, my fiance's name is Al. I *might* have a slight Southern accent (Kimberly, KT, Erin...it's your call. haha) so some words aren't pronounced the way The Queen would. When Tracey and I went to Forever 21 a couple weeks back I saw this adorable owl necklace and I just had to have it. It occurred to me right then that I say "Al" and "owl" exactly the same way. *sigh*
Lime tshirt: Old Navy

black tank: Old Navy

pants: JCP

Al Necklace: Forever 21

shoes: Steven/Steve Madden










Isn't he the cutest little guy??? I didn't realize his little eyes were jewels until mid-afternoon - too darling.

I do need to buy an extender for him though b/c he's on the last hook and it hits at the worst spot on me. He gets "nestled" and that's just no good.












*note* I think I need a cami/tank that's not cotton with this shirt. It's clinging and lumping and jumping and ugh. Suggestions?

11 comments:

Legal Editor Mom said...

Ally I love the lime top and yes, the owl is cute. I'm cracking up about him getting "nestled" because I can totally relate!

Today I'm wearing a dress with a great fitting cami underneath; it has a built in bra and is perfect for the problem we face in wearing some dresses and tops alone. When I take it off tonight I'll e-mail you the maker, what it's made of, and where I ordered it. ;-)

Anonymous said...

What a darling Al. ;)

Kayla Rochelle said...

He is so cute! I may head over to my local store and search him out. I'm from the North though, and have been told I have a " thick northern accent" ( we dont really have accents for the record :))so owl and al sound like two completely different words, but we have a lot of Owl's up here so I guess we just have alot of practice saying the northern version of the word.

Kelly said...

haha! My only owl necklace does the same thing - it "nestles" in the worst way.

Milly said...

I need to get that Al/Owl necklace like now...its so cute

Tracey said...

hehehehe... he makes me smile :)

Kasmira said...

I <3 your owl! I thrifted a sweet owl necklace last weekend. He'll make an appearance on my blog soon.

Sara said...

He's so cute! What a fun necklace!

Erica said...

You find the best necklaces at Forever 21! Ours is always very picked over. That bright green is a great color on you. :)

Marie said...

Just had to say I love this revival of the vintage owl necklace! I have had quite a few for a while in my vintage jewelry collection/obsession. Lots of mine are gold and were found on ebay or etsy, love the colors in yours. You do find the best jewelry on F21- I looked for another one you wore with enamel flowers!

Timika said...

The necklace it just darling.Where is the best place to buy extenders?