Friday, June 5, 2009

American Classic

White Shirt: Brooks Brothers

Black Pencil Skirt: The Limited

Necklace: Just Jewelry

Belt: The Limited

Patent Pumps: Pleaser

Getting dressed this morning I was thinking about the Lucky Magazine Guide to Mastering Any Style and the "American Classic" look I seem to gravitate towards so often. They used Carolyn Bessette Kennedy as the consumate "American Classic" and I feel a lot like her dressed today in a simple Brooks Brothers shirt and pencil skirt. It's not overthought and it's never going to go out of style. As much as I like to incorporate trends into my wardrobe, I also realize there is nothing wrong with basics as long as they are worn crisply and well!

What item in your closet or look is your favorite "classic"?

8 comments:

Ally said...

This is so "Leslie!" I'm wearing pointy toed shoes JUST FOR YOU today :)

Anonymous said...

I agree! You look lovely and utterly classic, in the best possible way.

Hillary said...

These are must have's in every woman's closet. Love it!

Ashley said...

VERY flattering on you today leslie! Very chic too...love it!

KT said...

Leslie, this is the kind of look I love on you! Very classic and feminine!

Toni said...

By far, one of my favorite outfits and it required little thought.

It just...works!

Tracey said...

Les, this is just perfection.

Christina said...

Love this look. So chic.