Thursday, June 4, 2009

Ally - Sam Edelman flats

Seeing as how I've put about a third of my outfits on the internet for you all to see, I feel as though I need to push myself a little. The reason you only see a third of them is because I'm laaazy and get comfortable with stuff and outfits and wear the same stuff/combos. It gets boring, but it does work. Great for the workplace, lousy for blogging.

I was digging in my closet the other night and realized, heh, that I have a lot of shoes. When I say "a lot" I mean "so many it's a sin." So I've decided I'm going to challenge myself to wear a different pair of shoes in each blog entry this month. That doesn't sound like a lot, but if you'll click around, you'll see I wear these flats ALL THE TIME. Al and I will eventually be moving and I have GOT to get rid of some shoes or he'll divorce me by the end of September (oh, have I mentioned we're getting married in 97 days!!!!!!!!!).

Cardigan: no idea what brand. From Marshall's

lacy cami: Old Navy

Pencil skirt: NY&Co.

long pearls: Walmart

flats: Sam Edelman










How freakin cute is this sweater? I love how it has a pearl "belt" around it.

I also love it was only $15 :)











If I have to peel myself away from my beloved flats, I'm challening you all to do the same. Break out of a rut with me! Email me at the link on the right and tell me what you're doing (send pics!!) and we'll put them on the blog!!

10 comments:

Legal Editor Mom said...

Too funny; I don't wear flats, but I just challenged myself this week to wear a different pair of heels each day. So far so good! This sweater is really cute! (I was about to ask about the belt when I saw your note.)

Milly said...

LOVE your cardigan!!!
i have tooo many shoes as well (flats, pumps, wedges etc)
i'm trying to give them all love and use a different pair everyday, so far so good.

during summertime i do tend to wear flats more often since i walk more than in winter

Anonymous said...

How fun! Can't wait to see more of your collection, lady.

Kelly said...

Ooo this will be fun!

I've been in a jeans rut lately (which is why I haven't updated my blog in uh, weeks). But I don't even want to stop. And when I'm not wearing jeans, I'm just wearing an outfit I've already worn a million times before.

Maybe trying to wear out my shoes collection will liven me up a little, too :)

Elaine said...

That print is rockin!! And send me some of your shoes my way......hehe

clothedmuch.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I utilize a lot of my shoes, but definitely have some that are more comfortable than others and thus, they get worn more. I feel I have been in a dark/black rut lately, but hard not to be given it seems more professional to wear a black skirt than say for example lime green! HA!

Love the cardi, my dear!

Louella said...

I want your sweater (remember that when you have a give away). Wish I could wear your shoes. Just bought another pair. Can't believe you will be married in 97 days!!!!

90-Dayer said...

Ally, Ally, Ally. How are ya? I'm loving on the cardigan! My Old Navy is poo, we never get the cute stuff :( I guess I could go online, but only if I can get free shipping :)

Candice said...

That cardigan is freakin cute! I love stores like Marshalls because you can find random and really cute stuff that not a lot of other people might have!

V said...

OMG...love, love, love the cardigan! Gorgeous!