Friday, June 5, 2009

Casual Friday - Tracey



Cardigan - Gap

Blouse - Forever21, LOVE21 line

Jeans - Gap, Essential Fit jeans

Shoes - Enzo Angolini via Nordstrom Rack

Snake necklace - Jessica Elliot

Hi, Ladies!! Sorry for the ugly backdrop. My house is a work in progress at the moment and I was in a hurry this morning and didn't have time to take the tripod and camera outside. It's too bad you can't see all of the black and white picture behind me. It's this fabulous print of Marilyn Monroe. I'm still trying to decide where I'm going to hang it, so it's been hanging around in various areas of my house for a couple of weeks now :)

So, as I reflect on the year since we started this blog, I realize this has been a very crazy year for me. Lots of major life changes. The death of my sweet momma, then I decided to go back to school, and then most recently the decision to leave the career I've had for the last 11 years and venture out into a totally different field. It's been crazy, but I'm really excited about the great opportunites that I have going forward.

I'm sure by now many of you have heard about Forever21's more "contemporary" line, Love21. It's supposed to be a more "mature" line of clothes and I have to say that I've been impressed by a few things that I've seen online. Our local F21 supposedly didn't have any Love21 items instore, but somehow when Ally and I were there on Wednesday, there was ONE item there. I had heard that the sizing was a little more generous than the traditional F21 line and I'd have to say from my experience with this top that it's true. I am normally a Large at F21 (On a skinny day!), but in this top I took a Medium. I've always been a fan of F21's cheap accesories and now I'm really excited about the possibility of picking up a few age appropriate clothing items! :)

4 comments:

Ally said...

You know, if I had just looked at our blog, I would have known you wore this top today! haha

I hope our F21 brings more of this line, but they probably won't w/our luck. Oh well, the top I picked up fits and is cute. It's just MAJOR work to find something that fits me there.

You've handled this year better than I ever imagined anyone would or could. You're such a strong woman and I'm so glad you're "my person." xoxo

Leslie said...

I've been wanting to check out Love21--I'll have to get online and look. I want a cute new sundress for a July wedding but want CHEAP--maybe they'll have a good option.

And the last year has tossed you a lot of curveballs in your life but you have shown us all what it means to be a strong woman!

Louella said...

Good luck with your new career choice. I'm sure your momma is looking down on you and is so very proud of her daughter. It's times like these that make you strong and I'm also so proud of you!

Anonymous said...

Tracey, you look marvelous, darling. Love the F21 top. As for your year, what an absolute crazy one fulls of ups and downs. I wish you much success in your new career venture!