Monday, June 8, 2009

A loud sneezing, roaring start to the day



Jacket: CAbi (Spring 2008)

Wrap Tee: CAbi (Spring 2009)

Necklace: Just Jewelry

Skirt: Express

Pumps: Rampage

If I look a little less put together than normal, it's for good reason. I had a 7 a.m. meeting which means I have to leave home at 6:30 to be there on time. Well, miracles do happen and at 6:25 I was running early and putting my necklace over my head when I felt the Ohio Valley allergies I had been fighting all morning start to take over. I let out a massive sneeze I had been holding in since the moment my feet hit the ground....and when I did my burglar alarm went off.

Yeah, seriously. So I run and turn it off and it is flashing a #4 which means "master bedroom glass break." Well glass breaks are actually triggered by a change in the airwaves of a room, not by the actual shattering of glass. So in other words, my sneeze was so massive that it changed the airwaves and triggered as a glass break.

So much for being early. I then had to wait almost 10 minutes for the company to call and ask if I was ok and if I needed a police officer sent. No thank you, I just need Allegra.

I took my photo while I was waiting on the phone to ring so if I look a little glassy eyed and less put together it may have something to do with the fact that it was 6:30 a.m. and I had managed to set off an alarm with my sneezing fit and undoubtedly make my neighbors very pleased with me.

3 comments:

Deborah-lee said...

Haa haa. That is such a great story. That would be the kind of thing that would happen to me! Lucky you were looking fabulous (incase the police had come to bash your door down!)

Vaia said...

That is an awesome story!

KT said...

Leslie, I'm going to risk making myself look scandalous here. I sneezed so hard a little pee came out. :)