Friday, January 30, 2009

Icy Ally

Well, if you've not heard (or care) Louisville and most of Kentucky/Southern Indiana got hit with a major ice/snow/sleet storm earlier in the week. Yesterday morning a little over 200K folks were with out power. Guess who was one of them? That's right. This gal :)

Al and I stuck it out at our place for as long as possible, but when it hit 55 in the living room, I had to throw in the towel. Fortunately, my parents had power (and cable and internet) so we packed up Maddy and moved the party.

Cashmere hat: Banana Republic

Green sweater: Izod

unseen tshirt: Target

unseen wool sweater: Old Navy

black turtleneck: Old Navy

Jeans: Gap

tights: Walmart

Socks: two pairs from Target, one pair hand knitted by yours truly

Mittens: Old Navy

Wine: Trader Joe's

Even with all that clothing on and under a blanket (and drinking!!) I couldn't stay warm. It wasn't cute and probably wasn't cheap, but it is what it is. :)

Tracey doesn't have power so she'll be MIA, but Leslie planned ahead and has some posts scheduled, so come back for new posts! I've been working this week but the outfit pics I took are on my lap top and that's at home and well, you know the rest of that story. It'll be some time next week I'm guessing.

In the mean time, enjoy some pics of the mess that is Louisville:



Our balcony where many outfit pics were taken in warmer weather.














Walking to work. Luckily the company I work for has a few properties in town and while I don't live where I work, I did work here a few years back so I can hold down the fort when no one can get here or if I'm stuck! I miss the days of walking 3 minutes to the office!








Ice, Ice, baby...too cold, too cold.













Oh and if this isn't enough, we're supposed to get hit with a major snow storm on Monday and they said "12 inches" one time too many.

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh no!!! I was so thankful I wasn't out of power this time - I lost it this past summer when we had that big storm, and I thought THAT was bad not having lights or anything! I would have very well died a slow, cold death if I ran out of heat. I feel for you!!

I can't believe you're getting 12 inches next week. I just checked our weather, and we're only supposed to get a couple flurries on Tuesday. What a difference 100 miles makes!

Kelly said...

Out of curiosity, I just checked Louisville, too. Weather.com doesn't think you'll have a snowstorm - hopefully they are right and not whoever you're listening to!

Ally said...

It looks like the forecast has been updated and we WON'T get all that snow...*whew*!!!!!!!

My fingers are still crossed :)

Sara said...

I thought I would freeze to death when our power was out a few weeks ago for just four hours! It is amazing how quickly a warm house can cool down without the HVAC!
Glad you have a place to go in the meantime.
As long you don't have to go out in it, I think ice storms are kind of pretty.

Leslie said...

I never heard 12 inches-- Im thinking it was a crazy ase of one person said it and it travelled and since people had no power or form of communication there was no way to refute it. Did you ever actually hear it from a weather guy or just the rumor? Good news is yesterday they said we were in 1-3 inches and then this morning we're now even less than that. yea! I like snow but seriously, enough is enough.

Ally said...

Yeah I heard it on the TV as did my boss. We've also heard four different forecasts over the past couple of days though.

However, one of my residents works for UPS and their weather guys are better than Jay and John and said it's looking like we're going to get the storm more than the others think. The Army weather guys are saying the same thing...