Saturday, January 3, 2009

Weekend -- Ally

I hope everyone had a few days off this week - I've been off most of it, hence the lack of posting. Today's outfit is very boring and very typical of what I wear 80% of the time. If I were at work and it wasn't a Saturday, I'd wear slacks and heels with this cardi/cami combo. I really need to shake up things for '09!

Cardi - NY&Co.

Cami - Old Navy

Trouser jeans - Walmart

Flats - Liz Claiborne












Al and I had our first date on New Year's Eve 2006. We met for brunch and it turned into the Longest First Date Ever :) We sat for five hours talking about everything in the world and I was instantly smitten. We had our second date the next day, our third the day after that, and well, the rest is history!

I don't think we really got each other presents last year for our "dateaversary" but this year, he really outdid himself. The chain on my horseshoe necklace had broken for the 2nd time (already had it fixed once) and he was sweet enough to take it to a jeweler and have a thicker, heavier chain put on it. I didn't even realize my necklace was gone - he's slick! Now I can wear it w/out fear of it falling off. Mama and Daddy got this for me for my 27th birthday and it's one of my favorite pieces of jewelry.














Speaking of favorite pieces of jewelry...
We're ENGAGED!!! :) In the midst of the Best Christmas Ever and our Second Dateaversary, Al managed to shock the hell out of me and propose. Of course, I said yes!

In the words of the great Clark Griswold, "If I woke up with my head stapled to the carpet, I wouldn't be more surprised."

We're planning to run off in the fall, get married, and come back and have a very small reception with family and friends. Neither of us are into a big wedding, so it'll be just perfect for us.

I promise not to make this a wedding blog - frankly I'm so indifferent about it all, I don't have the energy TO make it a wedding blog! I just want to be married to Al. We both know it's not about the ring, 3 month's salary, a big dress, or flashing daddy's money. It's about a marriage and that's far more important and far more difficult than obsessing over what color shoes to make bridesmaids wear.

24 comments:

KT said...

YIPPEE! Congrats Al on the fabulous job!!!!! (On both the girl and the ring!)

Daniel said...

Awesome. I didn't get a chance to see the ring up close and personal the other morning, so yeah, this is awesome.

Tara Wasson said...

Congrats! I agree it is totally about the marriage that comes after the day you make it official. Best wishes to you both!

V said...

I couldn't have said it better myself (it's about marriage, not the wedding/ring) and I know you and Al will be so happy together! The ring is GORGEOUS and congrats!

Athena said...

oh my goodness! congratulations! It's a beautiful ring!

Warm wishes!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!

Jules said...

Congratulations. Your ring is gorgeous and an unusual colour. What is the stone?

Leah said...

Wow, What wonderful news! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

Classy Fab Sarah said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

The ring is absolutely beautiful (even if it's not all about the ring)!

Unknown said...

Congrats, Ally. Your ring is beautiful. :) All the best!

Kelly said...

Eeeeeee! How awesome!!! Congratulations!

Jamie said...

Congrats sweetie! It is beautiful!!

Hillary said...

CONGRATS!!! Happy dateanniversary and happy engagement! The ring is so beautiful. I'm with you on the not-big wedding shin-dig. It's all about the marriage.

SHOEGAL said...

OMG! Congratulations!! The ring is beautiful. I'm so happy for you.

Boutique Girl said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Fab news and beautiful ring - what a fantstic start to 2009!!

Anonymous said...

HURRAH!!!!!!!!!! Big time congrats, lady! I'm just thrilled for you both!!!

Sara said...

Congratulations!! That's so exciting!! What a wonderful way to start the year.

Ally said...

Thank you all SO MUCH!!!! I'm still ridiculously excited and just can't wait for what the future holds for us :)

Oh and the stone is a green sapphire and the side stones are diamonds. LOVE IT!

90-Dayer said...

I'm all late! CONGRATS!!! That is sooo exciting.I agree that a wedding isn't about all the fancy stuff. I got married in my living room for goodness sake! LOL.

Lini said...

Congrats!!! I love your ring!! Its gorgeous and I especially love the green. My best to you and your future hubs in the new year :)

Erica said...

Congratulations!! So excited for you. :) The ring is beautiful, and, having been to several wedding this year, I think your idea about yours is great! It's easy to get caught up in and stressed over the day and forget about the important thing that comes after: being together and starting a new life. Congrats again!

Audi said...

How exciting! Congratulations and much joy to both of you!!

ketti said...

Oh girl you are so right! I know this since my sister called today just to tell me how excited she was that she found her wedding candles for the tables at Pier on on sale...during work. It is like the only thing in her life is the wedding. Puhleeze.
Congrats! I am going to call you right now because we have to chat for a minute about such news. I can't contain myself to a comment and I know you know this.
What a lovely ring!

Milly said...

Congrats!....lovely ring...i had a very small wedding and dont regret it at all