Monday, January 12, 2009

Monday -- Ally (and weekend bonus!)

I'm feeling a little frumpy today with all my layers, but I'm warm so that's gotta count for something, right? I really hate wearing a coat in the winter (Al's constantly making me wear one) and while it was coldish today, it wasn't windy so it really wasn't THAT cold. So I layered up and skipped the coat. I totally get this from my mother, by the way, who visited me at work today and was wearing layers (and no coat) to keep warm too :)

Cardi: NY&CO

Purple ruffle-neck top: Gap

Black turtleneck: Old Navy

Pants: Old Navy

Flats: Liz Claiborne

Necklace: gift







Close up of the neck/layers:



















Shoes:
Liz Claiborne Women's Kidman

Al and I were pretty busy this weekend with errands and shopping and eating. Since I'd be doing two of my favorite things (eating and shopping) I had to be comfortable. It was also super rainy and icky out so nothing TOO cute was worn b/c in no time, I'd look like a drown rat.

V-neck tshirt: Old Navy

Sash/belt: Vera Bradley (via trunk sale for $1)

Jeans: Levi Strauss Signature

Shoes: *cough*crocs*cough*

These jeans are one of my dirty little fashion secrets. I know they don't look good on everyone and some of you are too good to wear jeans from Walmart, but for $20, they fit well, wear well, and serve their purpose.

They're also perfect if you're losing weight and nothing fits right :)

And the shoes. The shoes are comfortable and it was raining and I have a tendency to fall. All things considered, they're not the worst thing I could wear. Besides, at least I'm not boiling them, right??

Crocs - Alice (Black) - Footwear

13 comments:

V said...

I love $20 jeans (this is Cute on the Cheap, afterall)! And love the purple and green/yellow mix.

E said...

NO COAT!!? Lady, are you crazy? Even if you are risking your health by not wearing a coat, you look damn fine.

But wear a coat.

Seriously.

Ally said...

Thanks, V!

It was hovering at almost 40 all day. That's not THAT cold, E. I wore gloves if that helps :)

Louella said...

yes, you do get not wearing a coat from your mother. wasn't cold enough today for a coat. all we needed were layers. coats are for cold cold weather. i have yet to kind a comfortable/cute coat that doesn't make you look like a frumpy winter object.

Deborah-lee said...

Brave colour choices but you've pulled it off excellently!!


I love your casual style too.

Jeans really don't suit me, but I have to admit the best fit I've ever found are from Target and I don't care, I love them and I'll wear them til they die.

Tara Wasson said...

As soon as I saw the crocs I thought of your summer time science experiment. Haha! Cute outfit, as always. I love those cardis from NY&CO.

Kasmira said...

I love the weekend top/sash combo! So pretty and slimming.

Anonymous said...

Well, it's -17 here today so the prospect of going coatless astonishes me ... but that is an impressive layering job! If you say you were warm enough, I'll take you at your word.

Candice said...

Thanks for welcoming me back, I have loved reading your blog, and congrats on your engagement, that is so exciting. I love cheap jeans, I think I might have a slight obsession with them.

Erica said...

Even if you feel frumpy, you don't look it! I love the layers, as well as that color on you! I hate to wear a coat, too, primarily for vanity...why work on an outfit if people just see my same trench every day?

Hillary said...

Ahhh like mother, like daughter. Aren't we all? :-) I really love the layers. I really dig the yellow with the ruffle neck.

Rachael said...

Cute look! Anyone who thinks they're too good for Walmart jeans are missing out big time. I only wish there were stores in Australia.

90-Dayer said...

Love the cardi. I have it in pink & purple. For some reason both are the same size and the purple one can fit my daughter! I definitely got one out of the bad batch :( Anywho, they are so comfy and warm!