Friday, January 9, 2009

TGIF - Ally

Goodness it's cold! I just cannot get motivated to wear tights (two pairs probably!) and a skirt when it's under 25 in the morning. I know, I know. That's not cold to you gals up north (I'm looking at you, Erin!), but for these pale white legs, it's COLD. I going to make myself wear a skirt or dress next week, so cross your fingers my legs don't snap off from the chill!

In the meantime, pants!

Wrap shirt: JCP

black cami: Old Navy

Pants: Old Navy

Shoes: Sofft via Zappos.com outlet

Necklace: gift










So I've lost about 10 lbs this past month and now my pants look pretty terrible. I've not lost enough to get a new size (of course not, that'd be easy!), but just enough that I need a belt (which I forgot today). If a baggy crotch isn't motivation to lose more weight, I don't know what is!

This shirt was fished out of the Goodwill pile earlier this week. I was off work Monday so I cleaned out our guest room closet and pulled out alllllll the clothes we need to donate, stuff to sell on eBay, stuff to consign or swap, and stuff that needed to be recycled (boxes, etc). It didn't take as long as I had expected, so while pulling out Goodwill stuff, I had time to go through stuff I had set aside months (maybe years?) ago. This shirt was in there and I didn't know why. It was in good shape, still fit, and was a good color red for me. A lot of reds don't look good on me, but this one does. It photographed more orange than it is IRL because it's actually a blue-red.

Speaking of eBay, I'm going to take this moment for some shameless self-promotion. I'm selling some good stuff, ladies. Some of it pains me, but Al and I have both promised each other we'd not only downsize (get rid of at least 25% of what we own), but we'd also "raise" money. We're looking to buy at house at the end of the year so every little bit helps!

I've got Stuart Weitzmans, a Goldenbleu clutch, Etienne Aigner boots, a BCBG bag, and a few other things. I'll be posting more as the week goes on, so add me as a favorite seller and keep an eye on things!

Click HERE and then click on "items for sale" on the left toward the bottom. Thanks!!!!

11 comments:

Christina said...

My husband and I did the EXACT same thing. I have TONS of stuff on ebay now. In fact I am the exact same boots for sale but they are a size 6.

Hillary said...

I can't see your pic b/c of the firewalls at work, but I'm sure it's cute.

Yay for the 10lb loss! The baggieness in your clothes will def be motivating.

You're killing me with your ebay sale. I'm trying so hard not to buy anything, but it's sooo tempting. You've got some good stuff. I really love those SW shoes!

E said...

25 degrees!?!??!?!?! You pansy! :)
You'll have to do better than that when you MOVE HERE.

That shirt is divine on you, Love. It seriously looks amazing!

PS my word verification cod thing is "taster". That made me giggle.

Candice said...

Congrats on the 10 pounds, I am dying to know your secrets. I am trying (well saying I am trying) and no luck yet. Love this red, I too look bad in most reds, but i like this one.

Anonymous said...

I THOUGHT you were shrinking before my very eyes. Congrats, lady! And damn, I'm impressed that you lost over the holidays. Glad that shirt got rescued as is does, indeed, look fantastic on you.

KT said...

Baggy crotch. Very flattering! Let's go shopping and get you some new pants!
*My word verification is "fardy" That cracks me up!

Leslie said...

Seriously that shirt does NOT belong in the Goodwill pile--it looks fabulous on you!

And I feel ya--I'm permanently in pants for a while with this weather.

Leslie said...

Seriously that shirt does NOT belong in the Goodwill pile--it looks fabulous on you!

And I feel ya--I'm permanently in pants for a while with this weather.

Ally said...

Christina - It feels so good, doesn't it? I'm so "hooked" on getting rid of stuff that I'm bugging Al to purge more!

Hillary - You're sweet for being so confident in my cuteness! haha And PLEASE BUY MY STUFF :)

E - Sit on it, lady. It's cold to MEEEEEEEEEE :(

Candice - I'm doing a Weight Watchers/South Beach Diet hybrid. In a few weeks I'll post about it. I'm not in a good routine yet, but once I am, I'll share! :)

Sal - Thanks! I generally don't gain over the holidays b/c I dislike most holiday food. No casseroles or any of that crap for me.

KT - I HATE shopping for pants. "Fardy" huh? At least it wasn't "old fardy."

Leslie - I think I just got tired of it? I don't know WHY it was there, but it's been moved back to the Varsity Squad!

Boutique Girl said...

Well done on the 10lbs off! I have lost 6lbs so far and I am starting to notice a difference!
Good luck with the eBay sales!

Sara said...

Love that shirt! Glad you saved it from the Goodwill pile because it looks great on you!