Friday, January 23, 2009

Cold days and getting back into routines

Purple Turtleneck: Kohl's

Black Leather Jacket: Ann Taylor

Pencil Skirt: Express

Argyle Tights: The Limited

Boots: Chinese Laundry

We are entering a major cold snap in the Ohio Valley--as in wind chills below 0! Yikes! Therefore, when my new argyle tights that I had been cyber stalking for a sale arrived in the mail, I decided to wear them immediately. As cold as it is (it's about 25 degrees right now) it's going to be even colder in the next few days which means there is NO WAY I will wear a skirt. Seriously, a girl's legs can only be asked to endure so much.

Other news to note is that I'm going to be getting back into the habit next week of working out. I'm serious enough that I have scheduled 4 days on my calendar! In the spring, I'm really good about going for walks but I don't walk in the bitter cold or when it's dark outside (and lately I leave home when it's dark and come home when it's dark). What I do enjoy doing, and find very relaxing after a long day at work, is pilates. And let me tell you something, if you do it correctly, it works! I did really well for a while and then just got out of the habit so I am going to get back into routine. I know it will not only make me feel better about myself (and maybe help me not regret my 7:30 a.m. chocolate binge this morning as much) but also give me more energy to get through the day. I get up at 5:50 a.m. every morning and by 9 p.m. I'm ready to fall flat on my face. I think even a half hour workout will help energize me a bit more--seriously, when I'm falling dead asleep before American Idol even goes off, we have a problem!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love those sassy tights peeking out under your boots. And I agree it can be so hard to motivate yourself to exercise in winter - your pilates routine sounds ideal.

Legal Editor Mom said...

I love those tights too! It's hard to find them with good patterns sometimes but these are cute, and perfect with this outfit!

I'm not crazy about exercise, but pilates and yoga work wonders for my mind, body, and spirit. ;-)

Milly said...

Cute tights!...im the same way..i sometimes force myself to stay awake so i can watch AI...i dont have time after work to go to the gym but i use to do pilates just like you do and it did work...but then i stopped..dont know why? lol
but i really need to get back to it...have to look for my dvd set

Kelly said...

I just took my first pilates class this week! I joined a gym just because a month's membership there was cheaper than paying for a yoga lesson every week at the yoga studio I went to (the gym has yoga classes). But since I joined it, I've been trying out a couple different classes that they offer, and pilates totally kicked my ass!

Ally said...

Cute tights :)

Hillary said...

Cute outfit and yes, I love the argyle tughts too!