Friday, January 23, 2009

TGIF - Ally

I can't BELIEVE it's 59 degrees right now. Last Friday it was below zero when I got up...just insane weather here.
Cardi: Target

Pink tshirt: H&M

Black pants: Old Navy

Grey patent shoes: Sofft

silk scarf: vintage Vera via ebay










If you look very carefully to the right, you'll see a certain someone's cute little nose edging into the shot. I can never get Maddy to sit still for a pic but she'll certainly get in the way!!!
I LOVE this scarf. It reminds me of winter and bare trees and cold air. I scored this in one of my ebay scarf auctions from several months ago and it's one of my favorites.

Tonight I'm meeting Tracey and Leslie and our friend Kim for a VERY belated Christmas dinner and to celebrate Kim's birthday. It's been a while since we all got together :)

I also have a very sick doggie at home. I found a lump on Maddy almost two weeks ago and she had surgery to remove it this morning. All I know right now is the surgery went well and she was waking up. Al is at the vet's office as I type this so when I get an update, I'll be sure to update it on this entry.

She'll be pretty wobbly and sore from the surgery, but I'll just be glad to have my girl back at home. To all who've emailed or called to check on me today, thank you. It meant more to me than you could ever imagine. I never thought I'd make such great friends through this blog, but I really have and I'm grateful for you all.

UPDATE: Maddy is home and resting. She has a HUGE shaved patch on her side an an 8 inch incision. It's pretty gnarly and SO pitiful. She just feels awful and wants nothing but to be petted and snuggled. That I can do!! We'll find out in about 5-7 business days what kind of tumor she had, and I'll be sure to let you all know the prognosis. I'd post a picture of her, but to be frank, she's kinda gross looking. However, I will share pics of Al and I trying on her E-collar/cone:

14 comments:

Kelly said...

Awww, it's never fun to have a sick doggie, but good thing Maddy has you to take care of her, and good thing she got her surgery out of the way! Give her some extra treats tonight!

(on a happier note, that scarf is AWESOME)

Leah said...

Aww! I'm sending hugs for sweet Maddy.

And you look adorable as always! Have a fun evening!

Milly said...

love that scarf!

Ally said...

Thanks, ladies. Maddy said she appreciates all the good vibes :) She said next time, though, to just send kibble. haha

hillary said...

oh hunny I had no idea. I will keep her in my thoughts. I know shes your bebe as much as daisyboo is mine so I feel for you. **doggy snuggles**

Ally said...

Thanks :) All my pet-loving friends know how special they are - there's nothing like the love of a furbaby.

LindaLou said...

Oh, I just love black w/raspberry pink, which is the color that shows on my monitor. I'm loving all the scarves that you're wearing, too.

Boutique Girl said...

I hope you and Maddy are doing ok and that she gets better soon

Hillary said...

Hey Ally! First I must tell you that you are really even looking fab more lately. Second, send some love to Maddy from me and Izzy. I hope she feels better soon! Third, those cone pics are priceless!

Ally said...

DawnB - It's raspberry - your monitor is right! I had a brief love affair with it this fall and am falling back in love with it now :)

Boutique Girl - We're both doing great - thanks!!

Hillary - Thank you - Maybe I'm just in looooooove? :)

KT said...

Several things:
1) I hope Maddy feels better.
2) Wow. You guys really know how to rock the lampshade.
3) WTF is Al wearing? Is it like one of those robes you graduate in but made of velour? What is going on over there???
4) Love the scarf.

Ally said...

Maddy is feeling pretty awesome it seems - I hope it keeps up!!

Al's wearing a Slanket. hahaha

Kelly said...

No way! He has a slanket??? I've seen the commercials and I think it looks hilarious but I secretly want it because I walk around my house with my cover as a cape.

Ally said...

Yeah. I'm pretty much the most awesome girlfriend ever :) I got it for him as a Christmas gift (got Mama one too) and I love it too. He swears it's dusted with sleeping powder, though, b/c he falls asleep almost instantly when he wraps up in it :)

I didn't get the one from the infomercial but the one from QVC. It's really thick and warm and long too. Al's 6'3 and this thing is still puddling on the ground when he stands up. You so should get one. I won't tell!