Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Layering without bulk



Red Cord Jacket: Mossimo (appox $20)

Black Wrap Tee: CAbi ($54)

White Shirt: Banana Republic (approx $20)

Camel Pants: Ann Taylor (approx $80)

Boots: Payless (approx $15)

It's hard to layer without looking bulky but it's a necessity when it's bitter cold! Today was a perfect example. I hate being cold in my office and my space heater has died a slow death so I wear as much as possible. Two shirts and a jacket with wool pants keep me very comfortable! (I even had a zebra print scarf to wrap around my neck when needed--I am cold natured!) The hardest part is finding a piece of outerwear to wear overtop of all this!

This outfit does a good job of slim layering though because all the layers are so very thin. The white shirt is basic, the black tee is a hanky tee meaning it's very thin and the wrap feature gives some shape to the shirts under the jacket and the jacket has some shape to it and is cropped. All in all, I think the effect is one of extreme warmth all while staying chic!

2 comments:

Hillary said...

I agree. It's a great outfit and not too bulky. I love the jacket!

Cathryn said...

I don't think those layers look bulky at all. I live in Minnesnowta, so I understand the need for warm layers.

We have a mutual blogfriend, KT, who suggested you might be interested in a wardrobe challenge. I've created a Michelle Obama wardrobe challenge for next Tuesday. I hope you join us!
http://fashiongirlsgallery.blogspot.com/2008/12/michelle-obama-wardrobe-challenge.html