Friday, January 16, 2009

So where do your toes go?

Scarf: Contest gift from Kimberly

Cashmere Sweater: Lands End

Gray Wool Pants: Banana Republic

Camel Boots: Payless

You've probably noticed that, more often than not, I'm in pointy toe shoes of some sort. They're sort of a trademark-- I have peep toes and a pair of round toes, but nothing makes me feel more confident than a pair of pointy toe shoes.

I've had these boots for years--since college actually (and for the record, I graduated in 2003 if that tells you anything)--I run down nice boots in no time but cheapy Payless boots last forever! Anyhow, these were one of the first pointy toe shoes I ever bought. I'll never forget walking into the Greek Lounge (Delta Gamma here) one day and there were some fraternity guys I knew hanging out. Well I see them all whispering to each other and kinda looking at me and the ground and I was starting to really get a complex! I finally asked them if something was wrong and one of them looked at me completely seriously and said, "We're all just wondering where your toes go in those."

Haha! I showed them that my toes didn't go all the way to the top but it cracked me up that they were so perplexed!

6 comments:

Kasmira said...

I get asked that fairly often when I wear pointy-toed shoes. I've learned to tell people, with a straight face, that my toes are hideously deformed and actually do taper to a point.

Pearly said...

That is so funny! So do we recall who these intellegent gentlmen were?

sgoat said...

wow, those toes aren't even that pointy! what the boys must think of a pair of "roach killers"!

Leslie said...

Tiff- Drew, Rocco and some other ATO boy :-)

Kelly said...

HAHA that is hilarious!

It always bothers me, in some "yoga toes" ad it shoes a woman's toes inside her shoe. It's a pointy toed shoe, but in the ad her toes do fill out the whole shoe. They warp to the side all goofy. C'mon, yoga toes! no one could walk like that!

KT said...

I prefer the look of my feet in a pointy toe. And it makes me feel pretty powerful, like I could kick something if I needed to!