Monday, January 12, 2009

Schoolgirl Chic

Blazer: Ann Taylor Loft

White Shirt: Brooks Brothers

Brown Pants: Banana Republic

Necktie Worn As Belt: Ralph Lauren

Pumps: Rampage

Prep school blazers have been all the rage in the fashion magazines-- and on Gossip Girl (and we all know how I love copying Blair Waldorf). When I saw this one on the clearance rack at Ann Taylor Loft, I immediately told Santa who obliged me with the jacket on Christmas Day. I decided to wear it in full-on prep school mode today with a basic white shirt and striped tie belt.

2 random news of note:

#1- Like many people I have multiple white shirts in my closet but non I'm really crazy about. Most of the time they are too fitted on me--I want shape but not too much. It got to the point where money was no object--I didn't care if it fit great. I went off in search of the perfect white shirt and found it with the Fitted Cut at Brooks Brothers--I highly recommend!

#2 - I thought I could get by not hemming these pants--but seeing these pictures, even though my knee is bent, I think they need to be hemmed an inch or half inch. Don't you hate it when that happens??!?!?!

5 comments:

Kasmira said...

I love the blazer with the tie belt! What a fun take on a prep school look!

Um, yes, you MUST hem those pants! :)

Anonymous said...

Lady, you look FANTASTIC in that shade of yellow.

Anonymous said...

That blazer is awesome!!! Also, BB shirts are the best!

Kristen said...

i bought that jacket too and didn't know what to pair it with. i'll go for the dark brown pants -- thanks for the outfit idea!

E said...

Oh the tie belt is way too adorable, Leslie!