Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Bye bye legs...see you again when it's Spring

White Shirt: Old Navy

Black Wrap Tee: CAbi

Camel Pants: Ann Taylor

Red Boots: Maripa

Long pearl strand: Christmas gift from my sister

Just a general announcenment to make....in fact you may have already noticed. My legs disappear during the coldest winter months. You know all those cute skirts I have? They sit abandoned in my closet. If it's below freezing when I leave for work in the morning, I refuse to let my legs see the light of day.

I will say that the one hope for my skirts is the fact that my grandparents gave me an automatic car starter for Christmas. This means no more scraping snow and frost in the cold and when I make it to the car, it's toasty warm and awaiting me. That said, there may be some hope for the skirts after all.

7 comments:

Legal Editor Mom said...

This is very relaxed, yet polished and professional look for the office. I've started adding color with shoes, too, and it does help an otherwise "basic" outfit. Very nice.

Anonymous said...

I hear ya, lady. Last year, when I had to walk 3 wind tunnel-y blocks from my parking lot to my building, I wore nary a skirt from January to April. I've got a closer parking spot now, and can just tolerate tights and skirts ... but many mornings, all I want is some cozy slacks.

Totally loving the pearls!

Anonymous said...

I have still been sporting skirts and dresses despite the cold temps. Two pairs of tights usually keeps me cozy, plus once I am at work I don't have to go back out much. However, tomorrow when the high is 0 I might jsut have to wear pants! Love the pearls!

Kelly said...

I want a car-starter sooo badly! But sadly, in the winter I can't drive down the hill to my house (or else I will slip on the ice and run into a tree and die) and my car would be too far away for the button to work :(

Hillary said...

No skirts?? Well it is way colder than it is here so I do understand. Great classic look. You can never go wrong with pearls.

WendyB said...

Great pearls. I like that it's a long strand and not that standard, conservative length everyone has.

Christina said...

i have these same pants from Ann Taylor and I LOOOVE them!!!