Saturday, January 17, 2009

Weekend -- Ally with Friday bonus!

I've been particularly lazy this week with regards to looking cute. Louisville had some record cold weather and it sucked the life out of me. It was below zero when I got up Friday morning and I know that's not cold for you Minnesota girls or even the crazy weather Indy got, but for here that's COLD. Hadn't been this cold in over 5 years.

I surprised Al tonight with a surprise birthday dinner with all our friends. I remembered I had promised you ladies a dress this week and I wanted to look special for tonight.

Lime cardi: NY&Co.

Navy dress: Target

Lime dress: NY&Co.

Brown belt: Walmart

Tights: Walmart (wearing black under the brown for warmth and to darken the brown)

Shoes: Michael Kors via swap

Michelle Obama pearls: Walmart




Leslie's been talking a lot about coats and outerwear on here and I've not had much to say since I wear the same coat all the time. I did buy that cute pink one at Old Navy but it's been WAY too cold for that. I have others but I love this one SO MUCH that I just can't possibly be bothered with wearing anything else.

I spotted this at Target last year a day or two before Christmas. I figured I'd be SOL because Santa shops early, but somehow he (um...she) knew and got the last one in my size!

The flash makes it look as though I'm missing a button, but I'm not :)

It has a cute Peter Pan/rounded collar and some pleats under the bust at the waist. My only complaint about the coat is it doesn't snap or fasten below those six buttons at the top so the wind and cold always blow it open. BURR!

My gloves are the same ones I wear all the time. Etienne Aigner and cashmere lined. Santa got those for me too :) Spoiled? Nah!






Close up of shoes:














Last week, the lovely Athena held a giveaway and I was one of the winners! Friday morning I received a big box of scarves!! I couldn't believe how generous she was - there are over 20 in there and they're all so pretty and so nice. Thank you SO MUCH, Athena! I can't wait to show them off on the blog on the next coming weeks.
The one on top caught my eye immediately so I decided to wear it to work!












I look so rough in this picture that it didn't justify its own post. I took it at 6pm right before I left work for the day so you'll have to excuse the "wings" of hair sticking out the side of my head. Those suckers will NOT lie down no matter what I do and when it's windy out, there's no use of even trying.
Teal sweater: Target

Black cami: Old Navy

Pants: Old Navy

Grey heels: Old Navy

Ann Taylor scarf: from Athena

There were black fishnets down there somewhere but you certainly can't see them in that pic. I also had on a sick Calvin Klein belt - it's silvery gray metallic Python. I got it for right at $22 on clearance...LOVE IT. I'll post a pic soon.





Isn't it pretty???













I hope you all enjoy the rest of your weekend and STAY WARM!! It was 40 here this evening and compared to the past week, it felt like a heat wave. We're supposed to be done with the crazy cold, so cross your fingers!

13 comments:

Kelly said...

That dress layering is seriously pretty!

Jane said...

You look lovely - I can't wear green although I love the colour. Hope your evening went well.

KT said...

Well well well, don't you look cute? Congrats on the big win!

Ally said...

Kelly - Thanks. Have I mentioned HOW GLAD I am you're back? Because I am :)

Jane - The evening was great. Al was totally surprised!

KT - It took me a while to get the "big win" comment. Al and I couldn't care less about sports (unless it's the Olympics) but the game was on at the restaurant and our friends were interested.

But thanks! I tried to channel you as my cuteness guru.

Athena said...

I hope you enjoy the scarves!

Leslie said...

Ooh a bunch of scarves! How fun!!! I like your dress layering. I just dont own a lot of dresses so it's one of those things I can try out but it looks adorable.

Kelly said...

aww Ally, I'm blushing. It's good to be back!

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, what a fabulous scarf haul! And a more deserving recipient I certainly can't think of.

Milly said...

the dress layering and color combo are great...and yes the scarf is real pretty...you lucky gal!

E said...

Dude, I love it all. ALL.

E said...

Dude, I love it all. ALL.

Candice said...

I really love the dress and sweater, thats a great color combo, that I would have never thought of. I am really looking forward to hearing about your weight loss secrets you look great. I am trying so hard (ok Im lying) but I really do need some motivation. Thanks again.

Erica said...

I love those colors layered together! And the shoes push it over the edge to perfection. You look lovely.