Sunday, February 1, 2009

My inner Cowgirl


Rodeo Belt: CAbi

Jeans: Sundown Fit- Lucky Brand Jeans

Red Shirt: NY and Co

Boots: Maripa

I laughed when I saw this picture because it's about as "cowgirl" as you'll ever see me. I don't own cowboy boots, nor I suspect will I ever, but I do love this belt. It was $89 on CAbi's fall line back in 2006 and even though I got it at half off as a hostess gift, it was a difficult purchase. I really wasn't a belt person at the time so it was really a splurge for me. However, it's been one that has paid off. I wear it quite a bit in many different ways (as I'm showing a few of with these links)--with jeans and a button down like today, and then over top a sweater with a preppy plaid shirt and vest. In fact, this belt was the one that made me understand that a belt really can change the entire look of an outfit.

(this is my favorite wearing next to the green sweater vest and pencil skirt)

1 comments:

Hillary said...

You need to come to Houston Late Feb/early March for the rodeo. That belt will blend right in! Love your cute cowgirl look :-)