Monday, January 26, 2009

Pricing it out


Tie neck blouse: The Limited

Cashmere Sweater: Brooks Brothers

Black and Camel Pinstripe Pants: Banana Republic

Boots: Chinese Laundry

I was asked to start posting the price of some of my items because not all of them are "cheap" per say (i.e. Banana Republic). The issue with that is that some of my items are so many years old, I have no clue what I paid for them, except that I never shop at places like Banana except on the clearance rack.

I really buy a lot of investment pieces that last for years. Take this sweater, my first piece of cashmere which my parents got for me for Christmas 7 years ago. It still looks literally like it did the day it came out of the box. I don't think it was on sale when they bought it--but whatever the price, after 7 years, it's been worth it!

These pants were a day after Christmas bargain either 3 or 4 years ago. If I am remembering right, they were $19.99. But they are basic and never go out of style--and I like them even more because they cost less than the price to get dinner and a movie!

I will make an effort to put prices on more expensive brand items as we go forward if I remember them just to give you an idea--but remember, price isn't everything. This sweater is a perfect example of that!

2 comments:

Patty said...

I think it still qualifies for being "cute on the cheap" because you got it at such a bargain.

Lori said...

Great outfit! I love the tie neck blouse with that sweater, such a put together, classic look.