Thursday, April 30, 2009

Thursday -- Ally

I don't have an outfit for today, but I do have a "hatrospective" of Oaks/Derby attire over the years. I even threw in a little Breeder's Cup action for you. I bet you'll recognize some of these faces too :)


Oaks 2007. It was a drizzly and cloudy day. Such a bummer.

Oaks 2004 with Leslie! We didn't plan on matching that day either!

Oaks 2006. We were in the Infield that year and I'm pretty sure I've never been so hot in my entire life. That's Kim with me. Tracey was there too but this is the only quasi-flattering pic of the day!

Oaks 2008 with Leslie, Jamie, and Kim. This was mere minutes before the sky opened up and rained rained rained.

Breeders Cup 2006 with Leslie, Tracey and Kim. We're a Superfecta!

At Maker's Mark Distillery with Tracey (Al was behind the camera) at a Hillary Rodham Clinton rally last May. This is one of her Secret Service guys. He was HOT STUFF. This picture is on my desk at work and I get a giggle out of it every day. I was so surprised at how good-looking all the SS guys were. Oh and so you all know, when HRC was shaking hands with everyone at the end, she looked up at me and said, "I love your hat!" I babbled like a fool about how I was reading her book and that I loved her too. Such a wordsmith. *sigh*

So I was wrong about not having an outfit. I found one from a couple of weekends ago! Tracey and I went to Keeneland to celebrate my birthday.
Dress: Charlotte Russe

Cardi: Old Navy

Flats: Sam Edelman

Sunnies: Max Studio

Hat: Tracey and I each bought two of these from a guy at the Chow Wagon last year. This one in particular is hers. I have it in green and black. LOVE.

Bag: Furla

Necklace: gift




The top of this dress is smocking, it's strapless and it ties in two places in the back. How's THAT for support? Ugh. It is, however, adorable when layered under something. As Tracey put it earlier that day, "No one over the age of 12 should ever wear smocking."

I hope you all have a GREAT weekend. I'll do my best to get a Oaks/Derby recap up on Sunday so stay tuned!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had no idea you possessed such an extensive and ENVIABLE hat collection! Love 'em all, Ally!

Anonymous said...

You look so cute in all your hats!! So fun!

Leslie said...

I love that pink hat!!

And may I just say whoa to my scary blonde, super short hair? But sigh to how freaking tiny I was then. Ugh. Ok Im over it now.

Candice said...

I like hats but I can never commit to one fully, I might wear it for a bit then I cant handle it anymore. You look great in all of those fancy hats.

Kelly said...

ah! so cute. I miss Louisville around Derby time.

Tracey said...

I love how I'm the only one holding a beer in that one picture. I'm always so Klasssssy.

Lesa said...

Cute, cute, cute!

Ally said...

Sal - Just like how Leslie thinks I have a lot of cardigans, you should see Tracey's hat AND cardi collections :) Mine pale in comparison.

Leslie - Yeah no more of you being that blonde. It was cute then but you've grown out of it for sure.

Tracey - I'm holding a beer - it's just in a plastic cup, not a can like yours. I have booze in most of those pics. hahaha

Thanks, ladies! I love a hat and the bigger then better. I like to bring my own shade to an event :)

Academichic said...

I am in love with all the hats!! I especially love the black one with the feathers (in the first picture of you by yourself) and of course the green and pink ones are fabulous too!

I wish I had the occasion to wear hats more, this is one trend I want to see make an appearance, instead of stripes or cuffed jeans - why can't big extravagant hats be the thing for spring 2009?

You look wonderful with all your hats and I love that you're rockin' so many different ones! S

Ally said...

S - Let's make big hats the thing for Spring then!! You know I'm game haha. :)