Monday, April 6, 2009

Girly and Edgy all at once

Perfume Bottle Ruffle Shirt: CAbi (Spring 2009)
Black Moto Jacket: Ann Taylor
Charcoal Cigarette Pants: CAbi (Fall 2008)
Pumps: Pleaser
(Side note before we get started--excuse the picture quality today, folks. One I have terrible posture and the other is fuzzy. I was running late getting out the door. This is what we have to work with. You get the idea.)
When I saw this shirt in the new CAbi catalogue for the spring, I fell in love with it. It's just feminine and dainty and totally girly--just like me. You can't see, but it's actually old-fashioned perfume bottles all over the shirt.
As nice as it is outside today, I knew I had to have a jacket of some sort on. I debated between denim, my new lime-greenish trench (coming soon to a blog post near you!)...but nothing seemed quite right. That's when I thought of grabbing my leather jacket and rolling the sleeves up. All the celebs are always wearing their leather jackets with frilly, feminine dresses...so I figured I could to! I liked the outcome. The shirt and pants alone looks completely girly. But with the jacket, it gains edge and completely changes the look. So I can change my look as my mood changes throughout the day. Jacket off...come on in, I'm sweet and happy. Jacket on--I'm a woman possessed so leave me alone! (Well, it's probably based more on whether I'm cold in my office, but I like to think it's more than that!)

0 comments: