Saturday, April 25, 2009

Weekend -- Ally

Today is all about keeping it simple and comfortable...and cool. It's 87 degrees as I type this (didn't we have sleet last week?!?) and while to most folks that's just heavenly, it's too hot for me. Both my office and bedroom have A/C issues, so the only place I can get cool in the warmer weather is my car. I walk around and am outside a lot with work so getting sweaty is part of the deal unfortunately.


Pleated neck cotton shirt: NY&Co.

Jeans: Gap

Necklace: little shop in New Orleans

flats: Clarks (from my Zappos.com outlet haul!)












One area where I rarely keep it simple is what I carry around in my bag and keep in my desk at work. I'm still a Girl Scout at heart and am always not only prepared, but probably have you covered too. You'll never find me without a bottle opener, cork screw, knife, tissues, a dozen lip glosses/lip sticks, sunscreen, band aids, lotion, umbrella, dental floss, and probably even a snack. And that's just my daily stuff. My car is just as prepared and if we're going somewhere (road trip, Oaks/Derby, etc) I'll have it ALL. Heck, last year I brought some extra ponchos with me to the Oaks and sold them for $5/each. It PAYS to be prepared too!

While it sounds I'm only prepared for drinking, murdering, and primping, it soothes my control issues, and makes life easier.

I think we're all guilty of toting around more lip products than even necessary. I like to have choices! Kimberly over at Fab Finds for $50 is hosting a killer giveaway. Be sure to enter - you can get up to three entries too!!

I currently have WAY too many lippies...the breakdown:

On/in my desk:
  • Cover Girl lipstick in 980 (it's so old but still really pretty)

  • Maybelline lipstick in Rasin Burst (another oldie but goodie)

  • Revlon lip gloss in Peachy Sheen (I LOVE this stuff. Tracey gave me a tube b/c she didn't love it and of course it's limited edition. I found some at Big Lots last summer and stocked up)

  • Lacura lip balm in milk & honey (I'll be reviewing these Lacura products soon. They're available at Aldi)

  • Blistex Lip Infusion (I don't think this stuff works very well but I keep it around)
In my make up bag (which is sometimes in my desk, sometimes at home, sometimes in Al's car)
I clearly need to enter a 12-step program. You don't even want to know how many I have at home!!! Ahh!!!!!!!! They're going to band together and take over the house.

5 comments:

Candice said...

Wow thats a lot of lip gloss and stuff in your bag. I love it though, you probaly dont want to know whats in my bag. Kids stuff, like spare Thomas the Train underwear, daipers, wipes, little baggies of gold fish crumbs, so much crazy stuff, I only have a wallet and one lip gloss for me. I dont really like daiper bags then that means I would have to carry two huge bags, no thanks!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that you included pics of all your lippies!! I agree - I am over the mid/high 80s in April. I like the 70s!

Sara said...

I said the same thing about the weather yesterday - what happened to Spring? Straight from low 40's and hail to upper 80's. No fair!

I have a little lipstick/lipgloss problem too. Good thing Kimberly only asked about what's in my bag - that answer is way lower than what's in my car/desk/makeup drawer!

Ally said...

I love spring/fall weather but really feel totally screwed. It's too hot to be spring. I want breezy 72 degrees, please!!

Hillary said...

You are too funny with all these lipsticks! I know I prob have the same problem too though. I just in denial still :-)