Monday, April 20, 2009

Great minds dress alike...



Dragonfly Sweater: Old Navy

Floral Shirt: Old Navy

Pinstripe Pants: Banana Republic

Patent Sandals: Boutique 58 (part of my recent Zappos haul)

Bought these two items on the same trip to Old Navy but never saw them together until they happened to wind up next to each other in my closet. Don't you love it when that happens and you put something together you wouldn't have thought of otherwise just by happenstance on where they hang in the closet?

Funny thing today, I hear this voice right after I get in my office that says "Rumor has it I'm dressed like my boss today!" and my co-worker rounds the corner in an Old Navy cardigan the EXACT color of this sweater. And we had meetings together. And everyone commented on it. We have a bad habit of coordinating outfits--often times because we shop at the same places! We even have the exact same dress from Target that was bought before I even worked for the organization so I'll text with warning if I am going to wear it to work the next day! Wearing a cardigan and sweater the same color is one thing--but the exact same dress? Better not let that happen!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hee! I always commemorate coworker outfit overlap with photos. One coworker and I wore our pink pants on the same day. What are the odds?

Love that color on you, lady, and the floral blouse peeking out is so cute!

Milly said...

very pretty....love the top and the sweater...great colors

Legal Editor Mom said...

I like the color of the sweater, too, and the blouse peeking out is super cute.

Dressing like a colleague is a pet peeve of mine. I once had the same patterned skirt as someone in my department so we'd plan never to wear it on the same day. That worked, but now another lady asked me where I bought my houndstooth blazer and she bought the same one! So you know what, I'm not wearing it in the office again, and next time someone asks me where, I won't tell!! ;-)

Lesa said...

Hey, Your supposed to dress for the job you want, not the job you already have...lol

Toni said...

Love the colors in this outfit. The sweater and shirt just scream out "Springtime!" Can't wait till the next give away at my favorite hip place to shop:-)

Anonymous said...

I have been so tempted to buy one of those sweaters - not sure why I haven't yet! Also, I love that floral print (I have a scarf like it). Great mix of patterns today!

Ally said...

I think this is too cute. Of course I like the top but I'm still wishing I had gotten an intarsia sweater.

Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.