Friday, April 17, 2009

I'm not waiting anymore!

Trench: CAbi (Spring 2009)

Black Wrap Tee: CAbi (Fall 2008)

Charcoal Cigarette Pants: CAbi (Fall 2008)

Zebra Scarf: Boutique in the Mount

Pumps: Pleaser

I got this new trench a couple weeks ago and had been trying to wait until it was warm enough to wear short sleeves to wear it. I finally gave up today--decided I was tired of waiting so decided to layer!

I love the color--it's just different than anything else in my closet (same color as the wrap tee I wore a couple weeks ago with the travelling scarf) and the cut is very slimming, especially in the back with the gathers. My sales rep said many girls are buttoning the coat and wearing it as a dress. We'll have to see if I am that brave. I need outerwear like a hole in my head, so if the outerwear was a dress, it would allow me to rationalize some more!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love that color - and pairing it with the zebra scarf is genius!

Ally said...

You know, Les, this isn't the best look I've seen on you. It's pretty shapeless and sack-like and makes you look shorter than you are.

I really like the scarf, but am confused at the concept of a short-sleeved trench.

I do, however, give you credit for being ballsy enough to wear this :)

Meg said...

I love the trench!

Leslie said...

Ally--I wish you could see the cut of the coat without the scarf--it actually cuts in and is ultra slimming with the angle around the chest--I just have it covered with the scarf. See it without the scarf one day and see what you think THEN--you may change your mind. Or maybe not. But it's much different looking without the scarf covering the cut of the coat.

And I think it's short sleeved because it's designed to be an "outfit coat" and not a "warm coat". At least that's how I'm taking it and using it!

Lesa said...

I am in love with the zebra scarf, and I love the colors together!

Toni said...

I love this jacket! It's young, hip and interesting! Next time, make sure you show the back of it with the gathers. I love the variety!

Milly said...

very cute trench..nice color