Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Tuesday -- Ally

Nothing fancy today. I tried to take a pic before work but the lighting was all weird (what's up with that, expensive camera??) and they didn't turn out. I had Al snap one with my phone before we went to the grocery.

Cardi: NY&Co.

Cami: Old Navy

Pants: Old Navy

Shoes: Sofft

Purse: Isaac Mizrahi for Target (circa 2004)

Necklace: gift







Of all the cheap purses I've bought, this is the only one that's stood the test of time. It's still in fashion and is in the same great shape it was the day I got it. I don't carry it THAT often (maybe 6 weeks total a year) as I have several bags and like to rotate them frequently. It has the perfect drop and isn't too heavy even if loaded down.




















Leslie recently talked about how wonky Old Navy's sizing is, and I need to jump in too. These pants are a 14 Short and are way too big. I have to hike them up and belt them so they don't fall off. All my 14s fit like this now (yay!!) and my old 12s all fit or are loose. Good sense would tell me I could order a 12 Short in the same style and they'd fit, right? Hell no. I can't even get them past my hips. What's up with that?? I'm seething with anger over it but know in a few pounds they'll fit just fine. In the meantime I'll just have weird crotch in all my pictures. It drives me crazy how weird my pants look, but it's for a good cause I guess.

8 comments:

Louella said...

you look great even though you are carrying a cheap handbag. i know i know i'm handbag snob.

Candice said...

I love your shoes, so cute. I hate Old Navy's sizing but i really like thier clothes. I have jeans in 3 different sizes that all fit from there, they are all so different. Thanks for the comment about me kids, and my bangs, I still need to get used to them.

Kelly said...

Love the outdoor pic!

When things start fitting me weird because of weight going up/down, I resort to skirts and dresses for a while. But then, I don't wear pants that much to begin with, so it's not such a sacrifice for me :)

The WalMart Vegan said...

Isn't it horrible! I wish I could just have all my clothes cutom made. What a dream.

I'm not a bag snob and I love this one. Looks like it would go with almost anything.

Legal Editor Mom said...

I'm like Kelly; more skirts and dresses than pants, 'cause for me, pants are harder to fit. (So if you're having any more giveaways...remember me!) ;-) I DREAM of being in a 12...I am working at it, but you know how hard it is...anyway, enough babble. Love the purple cardigan and the bad doesn't look cheap! (And I'm a bag snob, too.)

Hillary said...

I'm having the same issue with ON and their weird sizes. I just said forget it and bought skirts and tops. Love the outdoor shot and the purple!

Randa said...

Oh, Old Navy . . . their sizing is SO inconsistent. I refuse to buy anything off their online store just because of that.

But you still look really cute and put together!

Ally said...

Glad to know I'm not the only one who has issues with Old Navy's sizing.

Thanks for all your sweet comments! :)