Thursday, April 2, 2009

Thursday -- Ally

I'm not in love with today's out fit at all. By the time I was dressed and ready to go, it was too late to change.
Dress: Old Navy

Cardi: Target

Bracelets: Old Navy

Flats: Sam Edelman

Michelle Obama necklace: Walmart










So I'm not tall. At all. I'm just under 5'3 so most dresses are way too long. However, this one is much shorter than I'm comfortable with. I wonder how someone over 5'3 would wear it??!!

All day I pulled and tugged and fiddled with this dress. E over at A Blonde Redhead (our former Cat Nanny) and it looks adorable on her. It was so cute, in fact, that I bought it in purple, black and this blue. The purple and black are going back to the store - it just doesn't work. I am far too busty to wear it w/out a cardigan or anything over the top of it at when it's hot out, what's the point??

Women: Women's Cross-Front Sundresses - Bay Of Bengal

I do like, however, that the dresses have pockets. I just dislike the cotton and lack of drape. It just sorta sticks out from my body in weird places and I really don't need that :)

7 comments:

V said...

I tried the purple one on and of course have the same issues as you. I actually don't like that it has pockets as it just adds more to my hips, but why do they need to make everything so low cut b/c us with boobs, can't wear it!

Legal Editor Mom said...

Oh Ally you know I'm right there with you (short and busty) and I have the same problem with some dresses. This actually doesn't look too bad, but I can totally relate!! Hopefully when you take the others back, you'll find other cute pieces instead.

Sara said...

I saw this dress online and went to the store just to try it on but was totally disappointed. I am only 5'4'' and it was WAY TOO SHORT even on me. I don't know how anyone taller would be able to go out in public without fear of flashing. Major bummer.

Kelly said...

Oh man. I saw it on E's blog and that made me want it too, but I'm definitely taller than 5'3" so I guess I'll be passing on this one. Stinks that it didn't work out for you - but that cardi is adorable!

Tracey said...

that would barely cover my hooha. :)

ya know.. if nothing else, just wear it as a bathing suit cover up.. cause you know, you wear bathing suits so often. ;)

Erica said...

Ah, I was going to say I liked it...I think it's a cute look with the cardi. But I like things short for the most part. :/ Most Old Navy clothes fit me funky....

Nefertiti said...

jolie tenue ;O)