Monday, April 27, 2009

A cold morning but warm day

Red Shirt: NY and Company

Black Leather Jacket: Ann Taylor

Olive Zippered Skirt: Express

Pumps: Pleaser

This time of the year can be so hard to dress for. You leave home in the morning with bare legs and it's 40 degrees and by the time you head home after work, it's 70 and you're ditching the jacket.

I'm excited to start wearing skirts again for spring (and will be even moreso when it's about 55 when I walk out in the morning!) However, last week, I did determine that if the skirts were coming out soon, it was time to pull out the sunless tanner so I didn't scare you all. Hopefully the blinding white will subside by the end of the week!

5 comments:

Legal Editor Mom said...

You have a cute little shape and this skirt is very flattering on you; shows off your legs nicely.

Leslie said...

Well that may be one of my favorite comments ever! I often don't like my shape but I have learned to dress it. I am a classic "apple" shape, meaning everything goes straight to my midsection. I'm fortunate that my legs stay pretty much the same! Because of the apple shape, you'll see me often in wide waistband skirts or pants because they are the most slimming and almost always a jacket or cardigan of some sort to further camoflague. We all have body shape issues but I like to think I've learned best how to hide and dress mine! Thanks for the sweet compliment!

Anonymous said...

Leslie, I never would've pegged you an apple ... you certainly have learned to dress to suit your figure.

And I can so relate to your seasonal frustration. I've got on a heavy wool coat in the morning, and by afternoon it's utterly superfluous!

Ally said...

That skirt is perfection. Tell me you bought it in every color :)

Leslie said...

Found it on a clearance rack for $10!! This was all by itsself in no other color, but i think it was a great $10!