Sunday, February 1, 2009

Icy Ally update

Our power is back on!!!!!!!!!!! We were without for about 52 hours and we came home just after lunch Saturday. While we had a good time with my parents playing cards and watching movies, it is great to be back home. We didn't lose any groceries out of our fridge (thanks to Al's expert snowbox freezer he made on the balcony) and our pipes didn't freeze. All in all, it was a win-win. We're fortunate to have only been out just over 2 days. Some folks have been out since early Tuesday and are still out.

I wasn't the happiest of campers this week as situations like this tend to bring out people's true colors. Getting yelled at for stuff that is not my fault or responsibility AT ALL gets old so I might've been a little cranky at work. I also might've not smiled for most of Tuesday or Wednesday.
Old tshirt; circa 2001: from college/sorority

Jeans: Gap

Boots: Frye

Scowl: The toll of hearing constant complaining about snow/ice all day.

It's a really good possibility I slept in that tshirt the night before too.

I thought I had more outfit pics that turned out, but not so much. I was taking them in a different place and had a hard time getting one to turn out.






In other more exciting news, we heard back from the vet about Maddy. The lump she (our amazing vet) removed was a malignant Nerve Sheath Tumor but fortunately, she got all of it and we won't have to have Maddy treated for it in the future. She said we should just keep an eye on Miss M and rub her down frequently to check for new ones. Since she's gotten one, it's possible for her to get more.

Maddy's recovering nicely and is slowly growing new fur :) She's milking it for all it's worth, though, and is currently wrapped up in a blankie and watching Animal Planet.

Thanks again for all your sweet words, emails, phone calls, and text messages. It meant the world to us.

7 comments:

Kelly said...

The idea of Maddy all wrapped up in a blanket watching Animal Planet is almost too cute to bear!

Sorry you had such a crappy week!

Hillary said...

Well the new week is looking up... good news about Maddy and you have power. Glad you guys survived the cold!

Anonymous said...

Oh hon, what a wild ride you've had. SO glad the power's back on and that you're safe and sound.

V said...

So glad Maddy is okay! And glad you and Al are warm and cozy now!

Unknown said...

First of all, I love the ole school ADPi tee that is backwards in the picture...taken in a mirror..Second, I love the scowl..I have seen that scowl in person, in fact I can make that scowl too! Third, I am glad that Ms. Maddy is okay

Ally said...

Thanks, ladies!!!

Kari - I knew the old school ADPi shirt would drag one of you gals out of the shadows :) I wish we saw each other more often so I could scowl at you on a regular basis!

Erica said...

I'm so glad Maddy is better and that your power is back! Al's expert icebox freezer made me laugh. :) My papa was keeping all his groceries out in his freezing garage until the power came back on.