Thursday, February 26, 2009

Thursday -- Ally

Yes, ladies (and dudes)...I'm alive. I have a new work schedule and snapping pics before the office opens isn't an option anymore. I'm working on getting up earlier and taking them at home, but if you know me, you know that's going to be EXTREMELY difficult. Bear with me!!

Cardi: NY&Co.

Black pleated tank: NY&Co.

Pants: Old Navy

Shoes: Sofft











No, this isn't our house - it's the office I used to work in (I filled in the other day). Isn't that wallpaper something??

Did y'all hear what I got into this weekend yet?? Al and I along with another friend met Tracey, Kimberly, Dave, KT and her friend Kathy in St. Louis to celebrate Mardi Gras! It was SO COLD but we had the best time. Lots of drinks and good food! It's amazing how you can barely "know" someone in person, but know them so well via phone and email. The girls and I had a blast and it was so good to have a mini blogger reunion!

Al and I didn't take many pics, but KT and Kimberly took up the slack!

We called Al "Abraham Drinkin" this weekend! His tall and thin build topped with a top had made for an easy joke. :)











KT, Ally, and Kimberly

You can see half of Tracey's Gucci sunglasses just behind my head...I promise she was there!!










Be sure to check out KT and Kimberly's blogs for their take on the weekend!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

She lives! She poses prettily in front of wild floral wallpaper! Welcome back, beautiful. Glad the trip was a blast.

Kelly said...

Glad to see you again! It looks like you had an awesome time down there - I'm jealous! I thought about going down but then it all just escaped me until I realized that Mardi Gras was only a few days away.

and that wallpaper is nutty. I don't think I could work there!

Hillary said...

Glad to have you back! Looks like such a fun trip.

Anonymous said...

Too bad that wallpaper isn't in your house - its awesome!!! Soulard was fun - thanks again for inviting us!

Anonymous said...

I just started checking out your blog and I like it alot. I noticed that you wear a lot of Old Navy stuff. What do you think of their trousers? I want to buy a pair of their Essential Trousers because I need some black pants that I can wear to many occassions, not just work. Are they good quality? What do you think of the fit? Thanks.

Ally said...

Hi, Cyberchick! Thanks for reading us - we really appreciate it :)

As far as Old Navy goes, I like them. They are right in my price point (read: cheap) but the clothes are well-made. Are they pants you'll wear for 20 years? Nope, and I don't want pants I'll wear that long.

I don't purchase "investment pieces" in my wardrobe b/c I think it's silly. Styles, tastes, and even sizes change and when that happens, you're stuck. I'd rather drop the cash on a good sturdy pair of shoes or handbag.

The sizing isn't consistent at ON and that's especially frustrating if you're buying online. I bought three pairs of jeans recently and they were all the same style and size but different lengths and washes. Not a single one fit the same as the other. One pair was WAY too big, another wouldn't go past my hips and the third was way longer than an "average" length would be.

I really recommend trying on pants in the store unless you're brave and don't mind ordering a dozen pairs online and returning in store.

I hope this helps!!