Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Wednesday -- Ally

Looks like I'm continuing with this week's Michelle Obama theme! I wore fuschia and big pearls. I don't *love* this outfit, but I love the pieces involved. The scarf looks wonky and the sweater keeps rolling up. It's just a little shorter than what I like in a sweater.

However, the scarf is one of my favorite new accessories. It was given to me by my friend Laura for Christmas. The pearls, as you know, are a fav too :)

Sweater: Old Navy

Black shirt under: Old Navy

Pants: you guessed it...Old Navy

Scarf: Nicole Miller

Shoes: Steven by Steve Madden

Michelle Obama pearls: Walmart










Also, don't forget to head over to the Thrifty Muse and vote on the Michelle Obama wardrobe challenge!

4 comments:

Cathryn said...

I like the scarf at the waist. I am wearing a sash around my waist today. I'm trying to diversify beyond belts.

Tina said...

I just started following the blog and immediately added it to my Google reader so I am sure not miss any posts.

You figure appears to be very similar to mine, so I thought I would offer a suggestion about the scarf that might work for you. I have also tried to wear them in a similar way and I finally found an option that I like best. I put the knot in the back. With some scarves it looks like a belt, others a cumberbund. But either way, it usually takes away the lopsidedness of it. You might give it a try.

Regardless, you look great!

Hillary said...

So cute. I love the dotted scarf. It really give the outfit some pop

Anonymous said...

Well, from where I sit you look lovely. And that scarf is sure to get TONS of use, as it is simply adorable.