Friday, March 27, 2009

Things to keep in mind when shopping...



Ruffle Argyle Cardigan: Old Navy

Cami: Old Navy

Pinstripe Pants: Meet Polly

Pumps: Pleaser

I love how affordable Old Navy is and think they have some super cute items like this cardigan. However, their clothes make me crazy because of how the fitting is so inconsistent and the fabric quality. This cardigan was a case in point. It shrunk massively in the wash the first time. Luckily I was able to stretch it back out (I even lined dry!) but it still doesn't fit quite as good. I just need to remember on their cardigans to always buy a size up but I tend to forget in the heat of the shopping moment!

NY and Co is much the same way with their sizing I think. You can get some great deals at these places-- but it's absolutely worth going to the store to try on in person and taking even a few items of the same size to the dressing room with you. And remembering that the fabrics may shrink or stretch in different ways so keep that in mind with your sizing!

4 comments:

Legal Editor Mom said...

That's great that you were able to salvage this cardigan; I never have that kind of luck!

Cute outfit!

Anonymous said...

Inconsistent sizing is like a plague! I agree that trying items on in person in several sizes is always worth the time and effort.

The WalMart Vegan said...

I love to shop Old Navy online because I am just too far from a store, but I always have to order up a size on their tops and sweaters. Ironically the pants/skirts almost always fit.

Milly said...

nice cardigan...i bought a few cardigans on sale and i'm glad i when up a size