Thursday, March 12, 2009

Preppy Jackets and Skanky Boots


Yellow Jacket: Ann Taylor Loft


Blue Shirt: Banana Republic


Pencil Skirt: CAbi


Belt: The Limited


Boots: Maripa


I love this jacket. I don't think it's necessarily the most flattering jacket I own but I just love the trim, the preppiness and the bold color. As I've said before, I feel very "Blair Waldorf in it." :-)


I debated all day long between wearing the jacket buttoned or open. Since I alternated back and forth all day, I figured it was only fair to have pictures of both looks! Which way do you prefer? Buttoned or unbuttoned?


Rocking the tall boots and skirts for a while longer...I wear tall boots with skirts nonstop in the fall and winter. It's a favorite look of mine (I remember coming home at Christmas with tall black wedge boots and a short--well for me at least--skirt my freshman year of college...this was before tall boots had really become popular again about 10 years ago. I think my parents were scared I had gone skanky in my semester away. Then they came back into common fashion. And I was saved from skankiness) and a trend and look I really do miss in the spring and summer. So I'm going to push it just a small while longer!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I vote unbuttoned. And I, too, ADORE this jacket!

Pearly said...

1. I vote buttoned
2. Um, Leslie and "skankieness" in the same sentence made me LOL I can only imagine your parents. Oh what college did to you!

Legal Editor Mom said...

Both look nice, but I prefer unbuttoned so you show the belt. I wear boots and skirts throughout the winter, too, and while I chuckled at the "skankiness" comment, I do feel a certain sex appeal where I wear outfits like this (all of my boots have heels), in addition to the compliments. ;-)

Elizabeth said...

The belt is a nice touch, but I prefer buttoned. It shows of the real preppy style of the jacket and adds a lot more sass to the outfit.
And, it's still freezing out, so tall boots with a skirt is totally acceptable.

Audi said...

Love that jacket! I like it open because it shows the belt and more of the shirt, but I think buttoned is slightly better because it shows off the unusual placement of the buttons on the jacket.

VP said...

My vote is for buttoned up. It shows the structure of the jacket nicely!