Monday, March 30, 2009

Leslie's wearing of the traveling scarf!

Gray Pinstripe Jacket and Pants: CAbi (Spring 2009)

Yellow-Green Wrap Tee: CAbi (Spring 2009)

Scarf: Kimberly's traveling scarf

Shoes: Diba

When I received Kimberly's traveling scarf in the mail, I had planned to wear with this new wrap tee (same as my beloved black and teal versions--just short sleeved), jeans and heels. However, getting dressed for a day of meetings at work, I had the sudden thought that the bright tee and scarf would take my suit from conservative to bold business attire. Red shoes pulled the entire look together!

I've always been a fan of cute scarves tied around the neck. In fact, looking back at pictures from a trip to NY my senior year of high school, I had a cute scarf tied around my neck then---and needless to say, I was the only 17-year old who rocked out that look! People who know my personality I think would say that the look is just very "me" -- and I agree!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You looked great in the scarf! I remember wearing a leopard print scarf with a suede skirt and sweater during Rush my Freshman Year (Jan. 1998) - that was probably around the time you were 17, right? We were such fashionistas even back in the day!

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love this outfit, lady. Way to launch the traveling scarf in style!

Kelly said...

I really want to start wearing some scarves...I think I'm going to spend some time this week looking through your old posts for inspiration because you always look so good in them!

Leslie said...

Kelly, scarves are so fun! You totally need to try them out. They just add a preppy touch to any outfit.

And KImberly, you're right--in 98, I would have been 17!