Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Final wearing of the season



Blazer: CAbi

Tee: Banana Republic

Red Patent Belt: The Limited

Pants: Ann Taylor

Heels: Pleaser

Trying to give all my wool pants a last wearing of the season in the next week or so. I think the weather may finally start to turn for good, which means the wool pants and blazers go into seasonal retirement.

I'm the type that doesn't buy anything that can't be worn across 3 seasons. Whether is fall, winter, early spring or spring, summer, early fall, I try to spend my money on items that will layer and move through the year with little ease. What can I say, it just seems easier to rationalize that way. That's one of the main reasons I dont own any shorts or capris (besides the vain fact that I dont like them on me). It's always either skirts or dresses that can layer across seasons or pants that are often seasonless.

What about you? Do you change your wardrobe a great deal through the seasons or stay relatively consistent?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking sharp, Leslie!

I layer so much throughout the year that I don't have any drastic changes in my wardrobe. However, in a couple of weeks I will pull out my Spring/Summer clothes from storage and feel like I have some fun new stuff!

Kayla Rochelle said...

Ironically enough just last night I was thinking that I should take out my summer clothes this week. I quickly than realized that my summer clothes box is full of sandals and no actual clothes. My skirts tend to get a little shorter in the summer, and tend to hibernate through the winter but all of my other clothes stick with me through all of the seasons. Here in upstate New York we have the extreme of all 4 seasons so layering is always key for me. A tank top is fine for the summer, but in the fall it is paired with a cardigan and a thicker sweater during winter and I still feel like I'm getting sufficient use of all of my clothes. Plus at any time, it can get cold in NY so I always have my sweaters unpacked and ready for a hiking trip or a weekend at our lake house.

I must say I enjoy always having the same wardrobe out and ready because I like finding new ways to wear the same shirt for different seasons, but I do miss the excitement of having a whole new wardrobe waiting for you every few months!

Sara said...

I have some pieces that I use for layering all through out the year, but I find it really fun to put seasonal stuff into storage and pull it out again every year. It's kind of like Christmas - I get to 'open' all this great stuff that I forgot I had! Can't wait to do it for spring/summer soon.

KayeStar said...

Unfortunately I don't have seasonal clothes... Here in Florida we have 3 seasons: Almost Summer, Summer, and Boiling. Although In Almost Summer I don't wear my sandals or show as much bare leg. I miss my 3 years living in Norhtern Virginia when I was able to rotate my wardrobe!!

Anyhoo.. love your style!

Legal Editor Mom said...

I have a few winter-only or summer-olny pieces, but for the most part I prefer garments that can be worn year-round, and layered or accessorized differently. (For skirts, it may just be tights versus bare legs). It's my shoes that vary more, since I own a lot of both open toe shoes and closed up pumps for work, as well as leather and suede boots that I only wear in the fall/winter.

Goober said...

Looking good! Khaki, black and red are one of my favorite color combos.

Where I live in California, it's warm (or freakishly hot) about 8 months of the year. During those months I rotate a lot of the same pieces. Then in the few months of winter I add in the tweeds, wools, and turtlenecks. I try to aviod wearing my warm weather clothes in winter simply because it is warm for so many months here.