Monday, March 16, 2009

Getting at least one wearing in this season...



Winter White Jacket: Banana Republic

Black Turtleneck: The Limited

Black Pants: Harold's

Giraffe Print Pumps: Nine West

I rarely wear this jacket because it has a wonderful suit skirt that is stunning and looks great with a black turtleneck and tall black boots...but about 15 lbs ago. It depresses me to not be able to wear the suit so I just don't wear the jacket too. However, there I stood in my closet on a rainy morning in all black and needed something to punch it up. I considered going the route of the red heels and denim jacket again but then saw this jacket and my giraffe shoes and decided I'd get a wearing in of this jacket before spring officially came. Truly, I need to consign the suit and make some money on it. It's in great condition and gorgeous. I just can't seem to make myself do it because what if I get the flu, lose 10 lbs and fit back into it? I would really miss it then.

Side note--how is it that your hair KNOWS it's raining and refuses to coorperate--before you ever even walk outside for the day??? I just don't understand.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you opted for the jacket - it looks fantastic on the black background.

Unknown said...

I do the same thing with clothes that I love that don't fit just right. I have a pink suit that I love that fit about 15 lbs ago as well, and just doesn't look good on me anymore. I guess it is time though to get rid of it.

That jacket does look lovely though!