Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Feeling a little Mardi Gras



Green Ruffle Cardigan: Ann Taylor Loft

Purple Lace Cami: Old Navy

Wool Pants: Ann Taylor Loft

Boots: Maripa

Feel a little Mardi Gras today with the green and purple--just need some yellow to really make the outfit! I do however love mixing colors like this every once and a while. Purple and green aren't "expected" together and I think the mix of colors takes a rather plain, standard outfit to one a (bit) more exciting.

Bought a cute shirt at Old Navy on lunch...it's going to look adorable under this cardigan and really take the garmet into spring. I'm ready to start wearing spring colors again! Click here to see

7 comments:

Unknown said...

The link wouldn't work to the old navy shirt. Oh well....

That green is fabulous! I am wearing the same shade today! I just love that color green! The purple looks so pretty with it and I would have never considered pairing the two.

Leslie said...

Drats! I set this post last week...so they must have moved their link since then. its a pretty spring floral with some green in it to pull out the sweater!

Anonymous said...

Leslie, seriously, is there a color that DOESN'T look great on you?

Hillary said...

I agree! This is a great color on you. I like it paired with the purple. I have a 30% off coupon posted on my blog for more ON shopping!

Pearly said...

I love green and purple together. It is one of my fav combos. I lurv this outfit.

s.i. michaels said...

Such a great cardigan--love the color.

I love the yellow jacket, too. I definitely think it's flattering and I'd go so far as to say it's one of those statement pieces. Great color and really structured shape.

Academichic said...

I love this color combination - such a great green! -A