Wednesday, March 4, 2009

My "sexy sweater"


Cardigan: I'm not sure :-) No tag inside.
Black Turtleneck: The Limited
Black Pants: Harold's
Pumps: Pleaser
Ally calls this my "sexy sweater" because of the sheer back. It is very unexpected because from the front, it's totally demure and girly with the bow and crystal buttons and then you see the sheer back and sequnied flower which totally changes the look.
I bought this sweater originally for Easter several years ago. I was just out of college, no real job yet, so Dad told me I could have a little money to buy an Easter outfit (seriously, do you ever outgrow having to have a new "Easter outfit"? I don't!). Needless to say he wasn't pleased when I came home, not with an outfit, but with a single sweater. I already had the black pencil skirt so I had an "outfit"--but that wasn't quite what he had in mind.
I never thought of wearing the sweater in the winter with black underneath (I had always worn a nude color cami) until I was at bible study one night watching a Beth Moore video and saw her wearing this sweater with black underneath. Needless to say, I didn't get much out of the study that evening because I was so distracted as to whether that was my exact sweater she had on. Finally, 45 minutes in, she turned around so I could see the back and I whisper-shrieked to my table of friends, "Beth Moore has on my sweater!" See, you can get fashion inspiration from anyplace, including bible study!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, I love this sweater's back story! Ooooh, I really didn't mean to make that pun ...

Unknown said...

That sweater is cute! It would look good with yellow or orange under it as well!

Jamie said...

I was there that day! It was the funniest look on Greg's face ever! I still stand by it, I LOVE that sweater and think it was a faboo purchase! We got a lot of really good things that day!

Leslie said...

I'd forgotten we bought that on one of our early post-college shopping days! That was the day that we got our "Kentucky Girl" tshirts wasnt it??? Those were too cute! Too bad either A) its massively shrunk B) Ive gained weight or C) a combination of both. I cant wear it out of the house now!

Vaia said...

There is currently a lasagna commercial where the mom is wearing a pink top with flower appliques...I own that same shirt! And I remind my friends of this fact every time it comes on! Super cute sweater!

VP said...

That story is great!