Friday, May 29, 2009

Going Red for Women


Jacket: CAbi (Spring 2009--borrowed from Mom)
Tank: CAbi (Spring 2009--borrowed from Mom)
Skirt: Express
Shoes: Boutique 58
I wore this outfit on the day of the annual Go Red for Women Luncheon in Louisville. Heart disease is the leading killer of women and a cause I work with a great deal with my job so I was happy to attend the luncheon focusing on this cause.
Knowing I needed to wear red, I was scouring my closet for something I would be excited to wear but was just feeling rather blah. Then I ran into my mom at church wearing this jacket and tank and literally made her take the clothes off her back so I could borrow them to wear for the event! You know your momma loves you when she navigates getting a tank top off under a cardigan in the middle of a public parking lot so you can take it home with you to wear the next day!
PS: I so need a tan.

6 comments:

Goober said...

That is love!

I really like the tank-jacket combo, very cute.

Anonymous said...

A super stylish choice, lady. Clearly, good taste runs in the family.

Taylor said...

I love this outfit on you! Very stylish. I do love a good pencil skirt in any capacity. :)

Anonymous said...

This is a great outfit, very stylish And you look very well and put together.

http://www.fashion1psychology.wordpress.com

Deborah-lee said...

Aww that story made my really smile. Bless your mum. The outfit looks terrific, and in a way your mum was supporting the event too!

Milly said...

Cute Jacket & tee