Monday, May 4, 2009

Gravitating to black and red


Ruffle Tee: The Limited
Pencil Skirt w/Kickback Pleats: The Limited
Bronze Croc Sandals: Via Spiga
Black and red is my go-to color combination, so much so that I have really tried to forbid myself from buying solid tops or bottoms in either color. However, sometimes you just see an item that is so fabulous, you aren't able to resist so there is no use trying. These two items fit that bill.
I got a call and mailed invite (can you tell they know I am weak?) asking me to stop by the new Limited store in the Mall St Matthews in Louisville to receive 50% off an outfit. You didn't have to ask me twice! Although I already own 3 black pencil skirts, two of them are really fading and needed replacing so when I found this one with the cute pleats in the back (I tried to take a picture but they didn't show up but see the link), I was sold. And this tee with the ruffles down the front just made me smile. Alas my 50% off outfit!
What color combination do you love and gravitate to?


9 comments:

Jules said...

Love those ruffles - I have a teeny obsession at the moment! The whole outfit is so flattering. Either that or you have been working out cos you look teeny tiny

Legal Editor Mom said...

I mostly gravitate towards basic black because so much of my wardrobe is black. But as far as color combinations, it would be black and white first, then black and another color like purple or green because I have a lot of accessories in those two colors.

I love those heels!

Kelly said...

Oooo I love the pleats!

Lately, I've been doing pink and green a lot. I don't know why! I don't do red very much because I wore red and black SO much in high school/college that I kind of got burned out on the whole thing.

Leslie said...

Hehe thanks for thinking Ive been working out but the answer is no :-) Im trying to remember if I wore my shaper with this shirt but cant remember....if so that may help!


Kelly, I love pink and green...but have issues because my sorority was pink and blue and our rival group was pink and green. I need to get over it cause I love the colors!

Thanks LEM--I am pretty fond of these heels too. They were part of the Zappos haul!

Taylor said...

Ha, I also get those emails and calls from The Limited. They're such enablers! I love the top; I find that a good cute ruffle here and there never hurt anybody!

Toni said...

This is your conscience speaking...I hearby forbid you to enter any Limited store no matter what the discount until you clean out your closet.

LOVE the shoes with that:-)

Sara said...

We have a new Limited opening at a mall downtown this weekend. I am totally excited to go check out their Grand Opening sale!

I left you lovely ladies a fun fashion tag on my blog.

Ally said...

Don't you HAVE to have red and black? I mean, what will you wear to games?!?

Leslie said...

Absolutely I HAVE to own red and black for ball games. I dress up more for basketball season since you dont have to walk as much and it's inside. I totally need to bring ruffle tees and pencil skirts into fashion for football :)