Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Switching it up all day long

Pinstripe Jacket: CAbi (Spring 2009)

Perfume Bottle Ruffle Shirt: CAbi (Spring 2009)

Pants: CAbi (Spring 2008)

Skinny Belt: Old Navy

Pumps: Rampage

This outfit was one of those ones where I literally changed all day long. The belt was the item of change for this particular outfit. Most of the day I wore it underneath to breakup the light colors under the jacket. But for a while I buttoned the jacket and put it on top...then I didnt button the jacket but still put the belt on top. It was all over the place today!

I rarely wear a jacket and pant .... mixing and matching is more my style and this worked perfect. These trousers were the exact color of the pinstripe so gave me the needed "pants and jacket" look for a day of meetings...but in a less "suity" way.

12 comments:

Legal Editor Mom said...

I like the idea of another garment to match the pinstripes; I'm thinking of how I'll do this with pinstripe pants and a solid jacket. Thanks for the good idea!

Anonymous said...

Belts are so great that way - you can move them around all day long to switch up your look.

KT said...

I think this is my fave Leslie look.

Taylor said...

I've been meaning to ask - what is CAbi?

Leslie said...

Taylor-- CAbi stands for "Carol Anderson by invitation" Carol is a fashion designer who previously designed for Neiman Marcus but just grew tired of the dept store designing and now does 2 lines a year--fall and spring--that are only available in home parties (or purchasing through a consultant)--hence "by invitation." I'm a huge fan--been shopping for about 6 seasons now with CAbi and hosted parties for 4. I'm actually going to be a consultant starting in the fall! If you are interested in learning more, just email me at our link and it will get to me and I can tell you. You can learn more and see the line at the website www.cabionline.com

Unknown said...

i can't believe you are going to be a fellow CAbi consultant!! I follow your blog b/c I'm a consultant and love how you add in CAbi.. i hope I meet you at scoop in MN!!

Al said...

Cute outfit! For a moment I thought you were holding a wicker bucket in your right hand..

Taylor said...

Okay Leslie - I looked at the catalog and I LOVE all the florals! GORGEOUS.

Leslie said...

Al, that's so funny!! I just looked again and it's the bucket of my tree--but it totally looks that way!!

Ally said...

I'm with KT on this one - this is one of my favorites. It's super flattering.

Leslie said...

So funny--I felt pretty "blah" in this all day--but it seems to be a hit. Thats a good thing!

Anonymous said...

This is such a fun blog! I'll be visiting soon! :)