Monday, May 18, 2009

Oaks Day follow up



Cardigan: CAbi (Spring 2009)

Skirt: CAbi (Spring 2009)

Cami: Old Navy

Belt: The Limited

Shoes: Boutique 58 via Zappos

Don't even ask how in the world it happened but I didn't take any pictures at Oaks. I know...I can't talk about it. But I can tell you the fashion trend of the year was the headband as a hairpiece as opposed to the always classic and chic hat. It was so fun to see the tall feathered headbands all over Churchill Downs. You know me and my love of feathered headbands--a trend I'm excited to see continue! I love a great hat but because of my hair length it's hard to wear one and not look like a boy. Plus I can't just take off after the races and put my hair in a ponytail like women with longer hair--a hat literally makes me a conehead the rest of the day. So, for me, a feathered headband is a fabulous alternative to the hat!

While I didn't take any pictures at Oaks, I can tell you that this was the outfit I wore (plus a Forever 21 feathered headband). I wasn't in the grandstand so didn't have the need for a really great hat or headpiece this year. I mainly hung out around the paddock most of the day checking out the horses. For I think the first time ever I didn't cash a single ticket all day (it was bad enough that I bet $2 across the board on the 2-1 favorite in the 10th race--just so I could cash a ticket--and the horse didn't come in the money at all. Yeah). However, as always I still had a great time!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

And you looked great, to boot! Do show us the headband at some point, won't you?

Kasmira said...

Cute outfit! I like both the color combo and the silhouette.

Anonymous said...

Really like the belted cardi and color combo!

KT said...

I love this look!

Unknown said...

I'm loving the color combo!

fashionafterforty.blogspot.com

Goober said...

I really love this look! I'm mentally going through my closet to see if I can put something similar together...

Taylor said...

I love that color combo!

Ally said...

Super cute - I wish you had taken more pics!

Leslie said...

Thanks everyone! I saw the color combo in a picture and just had to try it out--I'm also looking at ways to incorporate this lime-ish color with red!!

Ally, I agree...all of a sudden the day was over and I had no pictures. :( I wish I had evidence of actually attending as well!

Boutique Girl said...

I love the skirt!

Milly said...

i love this color combo..have to try it

Kari said...

This is beautiful! I really like the chartreuse cardigan against the blue, and what a pretty print on the skirt. You look so sophisticated but comfortable.