Saturday, August 22, 2009

Weekend -- Ally

Whew! I'm am TIRED. Like, really really really tired. We closed on our house last Friday (the 14th) and have spent our evenings and weekends working. Lots of landscaping has been cleaned up and we've gutted the kitchen down to the studs. The bathroom will get a similar treatment this weekend. My parents have been beyond helpful with everything and we're very fortunate to have them not only able to help but willing. Anyone in the area want to knock down some walls? We can consider it free therapy. Call me :)

Ruffle shirt: NY&Co.

Green ruffle cardi: Old Navy

Denim skirt: Geoffery Beane

Flats: Sam Edelman

Headband: Goody

Necklace: gift








I am (usually) never one to whine or complain about going to work. I genuinely enjoy what I do and the people with whom I work. I do get a little fussy about working Saturdays, but let me tell ya. I am THRILLED to be at work today b/c that means a "break" for me. No chainsaws, pry bars, scoop shovels, or eye protection are involved in my work day!!

Here's what my attire has consisted of:
Tank tops, jeans and boots.

I know you're all kinds of jealous.

Tank: NY&Co.

Jeans: Levis

Boots: Frye (not shown)

Gloves: Kid's mechanics gloves via Harbor Freight


Sometimes I look a teeny bit cuter. The only reason I'm wearing this shirt is b/c Al packed my work clothes bag for me. When I saw the shirt he put in there he could tell he got it all wrong and said, "But I've never seen you wear it! It must be a crap shirt, right?" No, honey. You've not seen me wear it much b/c it's NEW and I've only worn it once. Hahaha Oh well. It's no worse for wear and now I'll remember to pack my own bag.

Peacock tshirt: Target

Jeans: Levis

Boots: Frye (not shown)

Screwdriver: Craftsman











I hope you all have a great weekend! I'll be workin' workin' so keep me entertained in the comments section :)

2 comments:

Alaskangal B said...

I love to do remodeling, well the just tearing stuff down and then redecorating. My tearing down, the big mallets smashing kinda of tearing down.=)

Good luck with all the house stuff, I look forward to seeing it when it is done.

Goober said...

Sounds like you have been super busy with the house - how exciting! I hope you'll post pics as you finish up projects - I want to see the fruits of all your labor :)