Thursday, August 27, 2009

I've worn these flats into the ground.

I wear the heck out of these shoes and I'm sure you've noticed. I've finally worn a hole in the left shoe's sole. I wish I had snapped a pic of it before I took them to the shoe doctor today. I get them back next week so I'll be sure to let you know how they look. For $25, they better be mighty fine! :)
Dress: NY&Co.

I got this on some super, crazy clearance special for $7!

Michelle Obama pearls: Walmart

Flats: Sam Edelman

If you live in the Louisville area, I can't recommend Fern Creek Shoe Repair enough. They've been in business for decades. I remember going there w/my parents when I was little and sitting on the counter. They've moved to a new location since, but the same old lady and son still work there. I always can get my shoes shined and polished ($4) while I wait and am always impressed with their ability to fix even the most broken down shoes. My almond-toe Steve Maddens were fixed in 10 minutes and for $7 earlier in the year and I'm still amazed at that - they were a MESS!!

When I pick up my Edelman's next week I'm taking some others that need some love. It's worth the price to buy good shoes for sure!

9 comments:

KT said...

You look so cute! Did you call me today? I'm working on interviewing someone from L-ville and got a message from Allison Beckham. It got handed to me as I walked out the door. I'm willing to lay down money it was you.

Ally said...

Lay down the money, honey. It was me :) My future-ex-husband David Beckham was on the brain when I called haha

Boutique Girl said...

Looking good lady!

I am taking all of my boots in for some serious loving over the next few weeks - try and get another full winter out of them all!

WickedThrifty said...

wow! here in cambridge MA i'm told it's $40 to have shoes cobbled, though i've never done it myself :P

Leslie said...

I knew it was time to retire my Steve Maddens when even the shoe guys said it was time to throw them away -- the soles were past repair!

Milly said...

pretty dress!

frockandrollonline.com said...

Your dress is gorgeous :)

Londyn said...

Adorable dress on you. Love it!

Megan G said...

Wow that dress is really flattering on you!! Great find for only $7